Citibank to Exit Australian Retail Banking

http_x92

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Interesting to see the Citi Premier back up for applications with a $150 first year offer this time even though the potential sale is going on...

burmans

Also wondering what would happen to the Qantas Money (now issued by citi and has the best QF points per dollar rates for a Visa/MC) and the Citi Signature free for life card with this situation now (an Australian favourite)... wonder if the potential buyer would allow the existing users to keep these cards.
Of course they will, any purchaser is primarily buying customers. Of course some features of the cards may change. Less likely for the Qantas Money card though.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Of course they will, any purchaser is primarily buying customers. Of course some features of the cards may change. Less likely for the Qantas Money card though.

Although, it is possible that Qantas has a clause that could let them move to a different issuer altogether

petef

I've still got a Citibank VISA cashback card. It gives me 1% back on all purchases.

I use it for bills and places where I spend over $100 (otherwise I use the HSBC 2%).

It was discontinued for sale maybe a decade ago.

Only $79 per year.

I hope it continues on.

burmans

Although, it is possible that Qantas has a clause that could let them move to a different issuer altogether
Agree, which is why I think its less likely they would change it. Qantas do have some leverage over this particular card.

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Citi will also cease being the issuer of Virgin Saver accounts and any accounts will be closed on 1 June 2021.
I've lost my Virgin... Saver account now that it has been closed overnight and the balance transferred to another bank.

Kangol

Established Member
Noticed they have the Citi Premier Qantas on offer with a 75k bonus, $4k minimum spend, $175 annual fee (normally $350) until 31 August 2021.

If they had a $0 annual fee version again, I'd go for it!

http_x92

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I signed up for the new Citi Premier Qantas 75k offer... got the bonus points. 1 QFF point per dollar potentially + Diners Club + Citi Payall 0% until October... is great.

Last edited:

moa999

Enthusiast
And per the AFR.
The winner is NAB.

Paying $1.2bn for the consumer business
(Includes $12.2bn in loans, $9bn in deposits and the credit card portfolio)