Citibank Premier Free for Life Card - Who still Keeps it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

one9

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Hi,

I still hold the Citibank free for life card from ages ago - it has been upgraded over the years and is currently a Citibank Word Premier Mastercard. Its reward program is not very good, and I only use it for certain small spending (under $20k per year).

Recently I applied for a Citibank card that had a $500 gift card promo signup offer and I was declined. I can't remember the last time I was declined for a card. It could be due to a number of reasons which I would only be guessing (two other premium cards open with not enough income, or Citibank can see my history that I pay my balance in full each month so don't want to waste $500 on me, etc.)

I am thinking that it may not be worth it holding this card as it provides so little benefits and it stays on my credit file as an open credit account which will reduce my chance of success when trying to take advantage of sign-up offers by churning through other cards. I already reduced the limit to the minimum $15,000.

Who else still holds this card? To those who do, do you regularly open and close credit cards to take advantage of sign up offers? Does the priority pass membership make the card worth keeping on your credit file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back