Citibank Platinum Visa vs Mastercard | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Citibank Platinum Visa vs Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune

Flights
My Map
Even though this question relates to credit cards, I think it still belongs in this forum (it's a question, after all!).

Like others on this forum, I currently have a Citibank Visa Platinum card. However, the recent 2004 benefits update seems to have gone backward in my opinion. For example, you can no longer obtain Hilton Gold status though the card (no more free breakfast!) - and the "airline" benefits focus exclusively on Asia and not Australia (although this was always the case).

I'm curious, does anyone own a Citibank Platinum Mastercard? Details on the benefits of the Mastercard are not readily available. I'd be inclined to switch if Mastercard had any benefits that were useful to me. I recall they previously included Priority Pass with the Mastercard, which may be a step in the right direction...

Rgds,
Jamie.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Jamie, sorry I've got the CB Plat Visa (same as you) and not looking at switching (as I've got Gold on both SPG and Hilton through paid stays in 2004, having been comped Gold for Hilton when I got the card in 2002). Don't know anybody with the MC version.

Rick93

AFF Supporter
Yes, I too am rather disappointed in the Visa platinum airlines discounts applying only to Asia.
Given that there are opinions (various) that Australia is a part of Asia, why doesn't Visa recognise and reward Australian Platinum card holders?
The ones offered to places like Hong Kong don't seem to be worth while anyway.
The BA offer of "two World Traveller class tickets to London for the price of one" still costs over $HK50,000. or about $AU8,000. (for two tickets) from Hong Kong to London / return.
It's cheaper to fly from Sydney (to London / return)..... without this 'discount' !

Rick93

AFF Supporter
I've just had a look at that site....
and I think I like it better than the Platinum Visa site!
At least there are SPECIFIC references to AUSTRALIAN hotels, restaurants etc. A bit pricy though!

I'll be looking into it more.... which card offers the best value in AUSTRALIA (I don't live in Asia....)

regards to all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronborland