Citibank Platinum - intro needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun

Hi
I want to get a citibank platinum card. There is an offer now where if a platinum card holder introduces someone, both will get 10,000 points each. Pleaselet me know if any of you are interested. Then I can give my postal address where you can send me the form with your details. About three years ago, I was introduced by someone from this board to Gold we got 5000 each. I later cancelled that card.

Thanks

I am Plat and depending on what level you qualify (Gold or Plat) that might boost your/my points.

Of course, the previous poster has preference as they answered first. I am still a gentleman.

Lindsay,
Looks like Kristo and I have got mutual concerns. Are you still interested? I have confirmed with Citibank that I qualify for Platinum.
I like to do that before end June.
Regards
Arun

Has anybody had a recent experience with Citibank's 6.9% promo offer, and trying to get the 5 or 10K points for a referral?

Citibank say, that you can only have one or the other. I actually got both, because I pointed out to them, that there were no statements to support their position within the Terms and Conditions.

So, it seems that you can have both, but only by aguing the point by writing to them and requesting BOTH deals.

By the way.... if anybody wants to try this out, you don't need to only apply for Platinum..... Gold or Silver card holders will still get 5,000 points for referring, and the new Gold or Silver card holder will also get that number of points.

So, anybody at the lower scale (Gold or Silver) want to apply for a card? Email me for further details or discussion of security issues.

Regards,

Arun, got your private message only today - see my post in other thread for reasons. Do you still need me? Understand both concerns - can't say I disagree. Have been involved in a couple that went nowhere.

Thanks Lindsay.
I have quite moved on from that mail. But have hit a few blocks with Citibank credit guys.

Ah yes, another poster here had the same problem. Being able to verify $100K earnings is critical (that is from tax returns, letter from Accountant or Group Certs). Can't help you there...

Citibank wouldn't accept my 'forward projection' of greater than $100K. for the financial year, even though my accountant confirmed my details.

Apparantly, you have to actually have received your $100K before Citibank will accept your level of earnings.

I'm going to re-apply (now that I've got that critical level up)..... but I'm wondering if, as a current GOLD card holder on the 6.9% promo rate, I'll lose that 6.9% promo rate? Does going from GOLD to PLATINUM mean you can take your lower interest rate with you???

Anyone know for sure?

Regards,

Don't know for sure Gordon, but would like to bet pounds to peanuts that you lose it!! Bummer that if it happens...best of luck with the re-application.

You may or may not be aware of this fact in qualifying...
I was able to get my Plat qualification with the fact that my salary was supplemented with additionals such as company vehicle, superannuation & health cover. This added another 20K to the equation and got me over the 100K line. :p

platinum citibank

i really don't understand what all the fuss is over a citibank platinum, issues i have are:

- $250 / granted there are benefits such as the conceirge, and the upgrades, but i already qualify for HH gold anyway and I really don't stay at other properties at all, or if i do, rarely. let's be realistic - we on here do our own research and know where we want to go, where we want to stay - we're 'informed'.

- if I did have this card, i'd always need a backup card anyhow, and my aim is to consolidate into a minimal amount of cards - why? if I want to do cash advances (ie overseas), the citibank card charges an upfront 1.5% of the cash advance amount - is this correct? there are alternate cards which don't have this, which I prefer to use for overseas travel.

- the rewards - is it also 1:1 into QF and are there any other airline or hotel programs for transfers?

- does the travel insurance cover you for reward redemptions earned on the card as well?

- the restaurant list for sydney as my base is pretty mediocre and only assures priority reservation, with one exception.

- how proactive are citibank likely to be with bonus offers etc on the card?

- limit on 120,000 points to be earned on the card p.a.

i'm currently very happy with my westpac altitude as my primary card, the gold covers travel insurance with a $200 excess including on award redemptions earned from the card, a range of exciting offers - ie bookings on air nz earns me 2 for 1 via airnz or $3 for 4 points on flightcentre who beat anyprice, redemption transfers into QF, NZ or MH. overseas cash advances are 1.5% so I avoid this card. I pay off the amount due every month. I just can't justify bumping up another $150... ?? when westpac gives me more choice, more proactive ways to earn, ease of consolidating all my banking with westpac with a large branch network through australia and nz with westpac trust and excellent travel insurance, loss insurance (90days), extended warranty insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back