Status
Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I refer to Shillards question posted here and this also relates to my thread here

The joining process was much like any other...except the feeling (of hope??) that by getting a premium card, that customer service will be better (more experienced call centre staff). To date (and maybe I've been lucky), with only one staff member has it been difficult to understand their English.

Application sent in on 30 May (mailed from BNE) with copies of all documentation and letter of explanation about my situation. One phone call to confirm details, then they contaced my accountant to confirm income details (although they had copies of Assessment Notices for past 2 years and current years PAYG Statement, copy of latest payslip and Statement of Assets & Liabilities.

Card was issue on 26 June and received 29 June (just too late for end of FY transactions, would have been handy, but not to be). Follow up identification under FTRA normal (after the card was issued).

Statement - a little busy and lacking some additional identifying information in statement that is handy for tax... processing of transactions no real delays that I have seen (most of mine are e-based anyway, so appear same day).

Whilst $250 fee a bit rich, the added benefits I find make it justifiable for me...

Exclusive offers through Conrad/Hilton, Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton, Hertz (the major brands that most might use) plus others - either comp upgrades or enrolment to mid-level tier status. I've used the Hilton Gold VIP status to good use - racking up 11 stays (15 nights) there in past 6 months and getting upgraded on 9 of those visits to better room (2 were unavailable - Denver and Stockholm, however never failed to get upgrade in Aus!!)

Two-for-one bonus points - closed two minor cards, transferred balances (and paid them off as soon as they hit CB), so got bonus points for no real effort.

I've used the Personal Concierge Service to book tickets to Les Miserables in New York when I was there for a night...booked as I sat in QC Sydney, confirmed when I hit LHR (rang to a toll-free overseas Citibank office who then transferred me to Australia to sort everything out- great seats, no trouble picking up the tickets at the box office).

Rewards program...have clocked up 43,000 points in 6 month (incl. bonus points above), have availability of using Take Flight (any airline, but QF is preferred) using either points or points+top-up$$. Yet to use it, will be prob saving up for next 2 years and buy Mrs LW a decent flight somewhere with me (before we start family).

Some negatives - agree with other posters on Citibank web site lacking in usefulness (info service rather than anything) but don't use it for anything (use another banks site simply to pay the bill).

(Edited to correct use of bold and UBB code)

Sounds great. I just gota earn that much to get one and move on from my gold card :)

(this is NOT a whinge....rather, my experience for others in a similar situation)

When I applied for CB Plat. I had more than one source of income. When CB rang one employer, that employer wasn't able to confirm TOTAL income. CB apparantly didn't contact my other 'casual' employers. They did contact my accountant, who stated that this year I will gross over $100,000. but they wouldn't accept this, as it was an 'estimate' only.
So, not only do you have to earn over $100,000. but you must have earned it LAST financial year, and be able to prove it. If you have a second or even third job, it seems it will be even harder..... because CB are likely to contact only your main employer.
Funny though, because CB actually sent me a Plat. card (plus one for my wife).... activated it, then followed up with a letter a week later to state that the card was issued by error!
Well, that's my experience....

regards,

By the way.....

Does anybody out there want to submit their Citibank application form to me for the BONUS REWARD POINTS?

When you 'introduce' a new card applicant, both you and the new card holder each receive 5,000 - 10,000 bonus reward points.

10,000 points for a SUCCESSFULL Plat. card issued, and 5,000 points for a successfull Gold card issued.

Check the CB website for the special referal application form. A referrer must include their card details in order to claim the points. So, there is a security risk. I did this with a current Plat. card holder. I sent him my completed application form and other supporting papers, and he filled in his card details, then posted the the package. No risk to the CURRENT card holder.... the applicant needs to be somewhat trusting of the 'sponser'.
As I was only approved for Gold, we should both get 5,000 points each..... but maybe the Plat. card holder might be lucky enough to get the 10,000!

Email me privately if you're interested....

regards,

Check out the Visa Platinum Website - lots of good info on the benefits of the Citibank Platinum card.

I find the Hyatt and Hilton benefits very good - book an internet-only rate for a studio room at the Melbourne Hyatt (around $200) and you'll almost always get a club room. Similarly for Hilton, although thanks to FT HH Gold is somewhat diluted thesedays.

Insurance is great...saved a bundle on my forthcoming trip in April to LAX/NYC (paid) and then onto Concorde with a QF award. As long as your outbound overseas trip is paid for on the card, or is an award after transferring points, you're covered for the whole trip (from date of ticketing), regardless of what you get up to in the middle. Cover is fairly comprehensive too.

There's also a customised Online Booking Site from Harvey World that will earn you 2pts per $ - haven't used the site in a long while, but remember it wasn't too bad...and you can book non-QF flights (if you have to!) and earn the points... :wink:

-Jamie (qfcbr @ FT)

straitman said:

:D Thanks to Lindsay for the detailed info re Citibank. I'll give it a try and pass on my results. :D

I took delivery of my CB Plat Visa a couple of weeks ago, and have summarily dumped ANZ and their pathetic QF Visa Card with their obscene fees and interest rates. Good riddance.

Very happy with CB, and with the high credit limit it finally gives me a credible alternative to Amex, with their new dodgy Delhi call centre droids.

straitman and shillard, excellent to hear. Having used it for almost a year, I've yet to have a bad experience. I have a healthy CL but just wary of giving a card to my fiancee :wink: .

Agree with you shillard, Amex is getting less patronage from me as well. CB is my numero uno card.

shillard said:
straitman said:

I took delivery of my CB Plat Visa a couple of weeks ago, and have summarily dumped ANZ and their pathetic QF Visa Card with their obscene fees and interest rates. Good riddance.

I have had CB Gold for some time, looking at closing it, there is a reward restriction of 60,000 on gold and 120,000 on Platinum (see terms and conditions on their website)

I am loooking for advice on which card to use, I have a plethora but with fees skyrocketing, I am looking at rationalising them. NAB Gold M/C (no fee) Gold AMEX, Gold Citibank VISA (fees paid with points) and ANZ Qan Telstra Gold. AMEX is just not accepted in enough places. Spend is approx $45K per month. I see ANZ are restriciting there points to 120 or 150K I think (having trouble finding conformation of it on their website)

Any suggestions ? or am I screwed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back