Citibank Emirates card cancelled by Citibank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAX_1

Yesterday,received a phone message that Mrs Max had her Citi Emirates card cancelled. The reason given was that some fraud had been detectedwith cards within a certain range of numbers.
Her card had been overpaid for some time now in anticipation of charging some items that would have exceeded her credit limit. Somehow I suspect the cancellation had something to do with that.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Yesterday,received a phone message that Mrs Max had her Citi Emirates card cancelled. The reason given was that some fraud had been detectedwith cards within a certain range of numbers.
Her card had been overpaid for some time now in anticipation of charging some items that would have exceeded her credit limit. Somehow I suspect the cancellation had something to do with that.

Has anyone had similar experience?
I have had my Citi card cancelled 3 times because of "suspected fraud".I think it is just the way they operate.Not nice when they do it in the middle of a RTW trip.

I received a phone call from Citibank a few weeks ago saying they had detected some unusual activity on my card, and that they had cancelled it immediately.

I've had my Citibank card for about 3 years and have used it mainly for small purchases. live in AU, and had just been booking some flights and accommodation in the US using my card (about $6k worth) and it was picked up pretty well straight away as unusual spend.

Although I advised it was me, the card was still cancelled, and I recieved a new card within 5 days.

Good that they are diligent, but it may have been a major PITA if I had been travelling at the time.

Standard MO for Citibank when they have reason to suspect fraud. I doubt your overpayment had any bearing on the decision.

a few year back they would nearly always cancel my card after a month in Asia - supposedly Malaysia was a hot bed of credit card fraud.

Luckily they've not done that too me in recent times - maybe because my current card has a chip.

If they'd tried to cancel it while I was on holidays I'd have popped over the Philippines call center to demand my new card :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back