Citibank Credit Card - Reward Point Capping

Has Citibank Enforced a Cap on the Number of Points You Earn?

• Platinum Card - Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Gold Card - Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver Card - Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platinum Card - No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Gold Card - No

• Silver Card - No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

With the demise of the Ezy Bank MasterCard, I have begun using my Citibank Gold Card more often.
I note the T&C's allow Citibank to set a cap on the number of points you can earn, no less than 60,000.

In your experience do they enforce a cap? I have spent $62,000 so far this year, and they have awarded me 62,000 points.

Thanks

PaulZ

PaulZ said:
With the demise of the Ezy Bank MasterCard, I have begun using my Citibank Gold Card more often.
I note the T&C's allow Citibank to set a cap on the number of points you can earn, no less than 60,000.

In your experience do they enforce a cap? I have spent $62,000 so far this year, and they have awarded me 62,000 points.

Thanks

PaulZ

Some people have reported that the cap has been enforced on them, while others have reported no capping.

Anyone else who spends more than the stated limit ? Please vote!

I only have a silver card, but the points I'm earning is well over the cap limit for platinum, and I'm still getting all my points.

Yes, Citibank is a disaster, but $69 for 1:1 QF point and practically no cap, I just have to put up with them :oops:

The results of the poll are pretty dissapointing - in two aspects.

1. Hardly anyone voted. Maybe not that many people who have Citibank cards spend more than the stated limits.

2. One Platinum cardholder reported that they had points capping applied to them.

Personally, I decided to get the Citibank Gold Card, and have recently received the approval email, and intend to spend over 100k per month on it, so I will soon learn for myself. I am guessing I am going to end up with another card that I can't use for 10 out of the 12 months until the points capping starts for a new year.

one9 said:
Personally, I decided to get the Citibank Gold Card, and have recently received the approval email, and intend to spend over 100k per month on it, so I will soon learn for myself. I am guessing I am going to end up with another card that I can't use for 10 out of the 12 months until the points capping starts for a new year.

It is quite likely that something about the patterns of transactions is what ultimately leads Citibank to enforce the cap. I would not be surprised with your proposed spending pattern if they do enforce the limit, but may take them a couple of months to get around to doing it.

I would have voted if you had an option for "I Don't have a point earning CitiBank Card".

Can someone who has the Citibank Platinum card please confirm : Is the first 6 digits of the card 456487? I am just curious as I think the Gold and Platinum card share the same BIN number (first 6 digits which identifies bank and card type) which is unusual for Australian cards.

one9 said:
Can someone who has the Citibank Platinum card please confirm : Is the first 6 digits of the card 456487? I am just curious as I think the Gold and Platinum card share the same BIN number (first 6 digits which identifies bank and card type) which is unusual for Australian cards.

I can confirm that these are not the first six digits. My card does start with a 4 though.

oz_mark said:
I can confirm that these are not the first six digits. My card does start with a 4 though.

thanks.... your card has to start with a 4 if its a visa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back