Citi and bpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeymouse

Afternoon,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will i receive the same amount of points if i bpay from my citibank signature credit card compared to if i just pay with the card itself? thanks :)

Afternoon,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will i receive the same amount of points if i bpay from my citibank signature credit card compared to if i just pay with the card itself? thanks :)
Has worked fine for me in the past!

Afternoon,

Yes you will.

Welcome to AFF Mickey :)

A newbie question, since I have just learnt you can bpay using a credit card!!

By paying via bpay do you avoid those credit card surcharges? For example, paying my Telstra bill via bpay..?

Thanks in advance

Telstra now lets you pay via PayPal, which lets you use a credit card, without any CC fees. As long as your happy to find PayPal evilness, you can get points without paying the fees :)

Thanks guys. I am currently paying my Telstra bills via paypal. But how do you bpay via the credit card in general?

via the citibank website. but only merchants who allow bpay from credit cards can be bpay'd from credit cards.

Telstra now lets you pay via PayPal, which lets you use a credit card, without any CC fees. As long as your happy to find PayPal evilness, you can get points without paying the fees :)

I've heard about this before, but my Telstra bills don't mention PayPal as a payment option. Is there a special trick to it?

mrpooky.

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this is a dumb question - are BPAY payments still afforded the (up to) 55 days interest free or are they treated like cash advances?

Many thanks

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this is a dumb question - are BPAY payments still afforded the (up to) 55 days interest free or are they treated like cash advances?

Like normal charges in my experience. I don't know what would happen if you BPAYed someone that would be treated as "cash equivalent" for normal CC usage - maybe it's not possible to do at all?

Pity when you bpay your credit card account you can't get points for it.. :)

Have to see if Vodafone allows for bpaying...

So my understanding is that if the BILLER accepts BPAY payments from Credit Cards that the transaction would be treated as a BPAY payment, but if the biller does not accept BPAY from credit cards it may be processed as a cash equivalent transaction, what does everything think? I know this is how other banks such as ANZ do this.

Thanks

So my understanding is that if the BILLER accepts BPAY payments from Credit Cards that the transaction would be treated as a BPAY payment, but if the biller does not accept BPAY from credit cards it may be processed as a cash equivalent transaction.
No. If it doesn't accept credit cards for BPAY, it doesn't accept credit cards for BPAY. It just won't work and you'd have to use a bank account.

No. If it doesn't accept credit cards for BPAY, it doesn't accept credit cards for BPAY. It just won't work and you'd have to use a bank account.

timb11 is correct. It will still work, but will be charged as a Cash advance. That's what happens with my ANZ CC's.

timb11 is correct. It will still work, but will be charged as a Cash advance. That's what happens with my ANZ CC's.
I didn't work for me with my Citibank. But, then again, Citi never works right... :(
Do you get charged a 2% cash advance fee with ANZ when doing one of those BPAYs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back