CheckMyTrip.com | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

CheckMyTrip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyring

Established Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
1,972
Flights
My Map
I forget whoever suggested using this site, but thanks!

I just used it to check my seating assignments for my next trip, as neither Qantas nor BA was showing seats, and when I discovered that Cathay Pacific hadn't given me window seats, I could see which ones were available, look up SeatGuru.com and then ring up Qantas to get 'em changed.

CheckMyTrip wasn't showing AA seats, but the Qantas guy was able to hack into their system and find me window seats, which now show up on CMT.

And yeah, I know that with window seats I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time locked away from the rest of the world, but that's the way I like it, OK?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mal

scibo10

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
173
I apologise if I am mssing the obvious, but I logged into this site to view the details of my upcoming flight, but could not find any info regarding my seating allocation. Could you please tell me where this is found?

Thanks
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,255
Flights
My Map
scibo10 said:
I apologise if I am mssing the obvious, but I logged into this site to view the details of my upcoming flight, but could not find any info regarding my seating allocation. Could you please tell me where this is found?

Thanks
Could be for a few reasons.

1). No seats assigned on the plane. Would happen for domestic flights, or some international journeys where seating isn't issued to you yet (If Qantas/OneWorld you should be able to get pre-allocated seats)
2). The seating data is not exported back to Amadeus (This could occur if the airline who you are flying on doesn't use Amadeus,but only exports a subsection of your booking to Amadeus for compatibility reasons).
3). You need to click on the yellow + button to expand the flight details to show the seat allocations.

See how that goes and let us know.
 

Philip76

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
22
Could it be that it doesn't display seating info for FF members lower than Gold? I have a current international booking and my seat info isn't shown either (I'm bronze).
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Philip76 said:
Could it be that it doesn't display seating info for FF members lower than Gold? I have a current international booking and my seat info isn't shown either (I'm bronze).
No. If you have a seat assigned it will show it , if you have no seat assigned it will not. It makes no difference on status.

Note: this is only applicable for airlines which use Amadeus. For AA sectors, for example, do not expect CMT to accurately reflect seat info. For AA info, go to the AA site and check on My Reservations ( any AA seat assignments can also be selected there too )

Dave
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,255
Flights
My Map
I'm pretty sure Qantas will allocate seats to Silver FF'ers on International routes automatically when booked and the FF number is allocated.

Been a while since I've had to check on that though.
 

scibo10

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
173
Ok, I checked today and my seating has been allocated for my QF leg.

My thinking is that my seat had simply not been allocated when I checked yesterday.

Cheers.
 

justinbrett

Active Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
881
I'm flying QF793 (DRW - PER) tomorrow afternoon - I just checked it and it doesn't have seating info.

Though, I will check in the morning - as aren't they allocated the night before? This is a pretty handy site if it does this - that way I'll know if I need to rush to the airport to change my seat or just take the one that's given me.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,255
Flights
My Map
justinbrett said:
I'm flying QF793 (DRW - PER) tomorrow afternoon - I just checked it and it doesn't have seating info.

Though, I will check in the morning - as aren't they allocated the night before? This is a pretty handy site if it does this - that way I'll know if I need to rush to the airport to change my seat or just take the one that's given me.
Nah QF domestic and international are different beasts.

QF domestic will allocate you seats very early tomorrow morning. However, they aren't published to www.checkmytrip.com. Instead, the first you will know of them will be when you appear at QuickCheck or the Checkin agent tomorrow.

Online Checkin is very close for Qantas, so when that happens then you will be able to see where you are allocated before arriving at the airport.
 

justinbrett

Active Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
881
OK, thought it was too good to be true.

Try this one on for size - I work at Darwin Airport (in a tall building with lots of windows) and I'm working tonight 10pm - 6am. There are some Qantas flights leaving in the morning between 6 and 7 - what are the chances they'll let me check in with out bags when I finish work? That way I can come home and sleep and not worry about my seating allocation.

I know I'll probably get a window seat anyway (since I became silver I've never not got it) but I always like to ask for the exit rows - which I've only managed to get by checking in up to 2 hours before.

I was going to give them a call tonight from work, we're all pretty friendly there but I don't want to ask for something that can't be done.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,255
Flights
My Map
Hmmm.

Technically, I think checkin for domestic flights opens 3 or 4 hours before the flight.

However, staffers can open up the flight earlier (as per what happens overseas when flying back from say Singapore to SYD and getting your SYD-MEL boarding passes at the same time, and also when a pax uses QuickCheck and gets the Return flight boarding pass. )

I think you can only ask and see what they can do for you. I think it's possible from a technical point of view.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
justinbrett said:
OK, thought it was too good to be true.

Try this one on for size - I work at Darwin Airport (in a tall building with lots of windows) and I'm working tonight 10pm - 6am. There are some Qantas flights leaving in the morning between 6 and 7 - what are the chances they'll let me check in with out bags when I finish work? That way I can come home and sleep and not worry about my seating allocation.
.
You probably wouldnt be able to do that, however what you could do is just turn up in the morning without luggage and get checked in and nab an exit seat; you can then go home and sleep and when you arrive back in the evening then you can drop the bags off

Dave
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,107
Mal said:
I'm pretty sure Qantas will allocate seats to Silver FF'ers on International routes automatically when booked and the FF number is allocated.
That is right. Some information for anyone that is interested. QF will automatically allocate seats for Bronze FF's when FF number is in the booking. In my first membership year 3 years ago I was only bronze and had 5 international flights in the space of 8 months. I was allocated a seat everytime and some of those flights were only booked a few days before the flight and I was still allocated a good seat.

In my second membership year I had the same experience as a Silver FF and had 5 international flights and most booked at short notice yet was always allocated a good seat before check-in.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,271
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
... In my second membership year I had the same experience as a Silver FF and had 5 international flights and most booked at short notice yet was always allocated a good seat before check-in.
I believe that QP NB, PS and above also will be automatically allocated seats in the 'red' zone at the front of WHY if available.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,107
serfty said:
I believe that QP NB, PS and above also will be automatically allocated seats in the 'red' zone at the front of WHY if available.
Very true. Some people on this board believe that good seats are only for Gold and above. My experience proves them wrong and also remembering that as a NB and PS I did not have QC membership.
 

Philip76

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
22
That's reassuring, it gives me some hope that I'll get a reasonable spot for my upcoming trip to London. However mine is a trip paid for with FF points and I'm just a bronze with no QC membership. It's still not showing a seat allocation on checkmytrip though.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,271
Flights
My Map
Philip76 said:
That's reassuring, it gives me some hope that I'll get a reasonable spot for my upcoming trip to London. However mine is a trip paid for with FF points and I'm just a bronze with no QC membership. It's still not showing a seat allocation on checkmytrip though.
Perhaps you could simply call the Airline armed with your booking reference/frequent flyer number and ask.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,107
Philip76 said:
That's reassuring, it gives me some hope that I'll get a reasonable spot for my upcoming trip to London. However mine is a trip paid for with FF points and I'm just a bronze with no QC membership. It's still not showing a seat allocation on checkmytrip though.
Normally takes around 24 hours for the seat allocation to be done. If it has been longer than that then give QF a call.

I booked an award seat SYD-BNE-SIN-SYD, as a silver with no QC membership, in March/April 2005 for travel in June 2005. Within 24 hours the seating allocation was there and I had 23B on BNE-SIN flight and 27G on SIN-SYD flight.
 

Optics

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
321
Skyring said:
I forget whoever suggested using this site, but thanks!

I just used it to check my seating assignments for my next trip, as neither Qantas nor BA was showing seats, and when I discovered that Cathay Pacific hadn't given me window seats, I could see which ones were available, look up SeatGuru.com and then ring up Qantas to get 'em changed.

CheckMyTrip wasn't showing AA seats, but the Qantas guy was able to hack into their system and find me window seats, which now show up on CMT.

And yeah, I know that with window seats I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time locked away from the rest of the world, but that's the way I like it, OK?
I agree its great. I checked the MEL/SIN/FRA/SIN/MEL flights booked for September and was allocated reasonable seats, but not the best. So I rang QF and requested row 16, and hey presto checked again today and I have 16B on all legs, now that makes me happy:D .
 

dikko

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
14
After reading this, I used the site for the first time to look at an upcoming trip, and find the following appended to my itinerary!:

Qantas Airways QF 9021 Wednesday, November 1, 2006 From Sydney / Kingsford Smith (SYD), Sydney, New South Wales Australia 6:00 AM To FICTITIOUS POINT / (QMX), FICTITIOUS POINT 7:00 AM Status Confirmed Cabin Coach Aircraft Boeing 747SR Flight duration 12:00 Mileage 9188 miles Disclaimer Stop(s) 0
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
81,278
Messages
1,874,486
Members
49,155
Latest member
GregDyne
Top