Check you Citibank credit card statment

• Thread starter Deleted member 6404
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6404

Hi all
Just wanted to let you know that I had interest charges and some sort of late fee recently on my CC statement from Citibank, when I just came back from OS recently.
Quickly I was on the blower to CB and was told that the charges was for late payment to my CC, as payment was made on a Friday and was not processed till Monday and that was why.
Of course I was very diplomatic and told them that if the interest and late fees was not reversed then I would pay the amount and close my account. Unfortunately being late Saturday evening the CB member couldn't help me but assured me that someone will get in contact with me with in 5 to 7 days coughK I was pissed off but calm lol.
I called back Monday (I cant wait for call backs) and was told that my payment was by Bpay and that the payment can take up to 2 days blah blah blah blah, I have been paying for over 10 years with Bpay on the due date and sometimes it falls on Fridays and have never ever had this problem so why now?
Cut long story short Citibank saw the error in the ways and have reversed the interest and late fees charges, what a a bloody Rort Im sure there are many Banks out there that are racking or should I say robbing there customers of money using this Bpay Friday no processing caper excuse, money for jam and how many customers are copping it.
People, computers don't give a cough if its the weekend or your mums birthday, if the moneys there it will take it out of your account and deposit it to where ever it was instructed to. Don't wear the charges if they wont comply to your request then close the account, I was ready to do so no hesitation what so ever Citi saw the light. Thanks Citibank by the way was a Signature card, hope this story helps others out there.
Cheers

You have the card fee free for life, and you would cancel it for a processing error Citbank made? And since corrected.
Any reason why you have posted this twice?

The problem with BPay is that it is not good enough to make the payment on a Friday, you also need to make it before your banks cut-off time on the Friday. What time did you make the BPay, and how does this compare with your banks cutoff time?

Hi all

People, computers don't give a cough if its the weekend or your mums birthday, if the moneys there it will take it out of your account and deposit it to where ever it was instructed to. Cheers

You take that back, we have feelings too y'know :)
hymie 1.jpg

If you initiate a bPay payment in before the published business day cut off time for you financial service provided, the payment is to be deemed to have been made at that time, no matter how many days it takes for the payment to get credited to the account being paid.

BPAY - BPAY Help For Personal Users

If you make a payment on a weekend or public holiday, the payment must be deemed to have been made on the next business day.

I have made such payment on the due date, been charged interest the next business day as the payment had not 'arrived'. This was been automatically reversed when the bpay arrived some days later.

Last edited:
If you initiate a bPay payment in before the published business day cut off time for you financial service provided, the payment is to be deemed to have been made at that time, no matter how many days it takes for the payment to get credited to the account being paid.

If you make a payment on a weekend or public holiday, the payment must be deemed to have been made on the next business day.

I have made such payment on the due date, been charged interest the next business day as the payment had not 'arrived'. This was been automatically reversed when the bpay arrived some days later.

My point is that there is no excuse what so ever to charge customers any late fees or interest, computers pay as long as there's money in the account it shouldn't matter what day time or what ever if i instruct my bank Bpay to pay on the due date than that's it it pays on the day. this no processing on public holidays weekends is a crock of rubbish its just another tool for banks to rip off there customers pure and simple.
Mine you its all the reserve banks fault and some other mob Im told, so I called the RB and had a go at them, they understood what I am getting at and agree that things must change and they are working on it lol what a poor excuse Again computers don't care, humans do so as to make money for nothing and maybe a few chicks for free.
As for the double post don't know what happened there.
And yes my card is fee free so what?, its the principle Im talking about here Im sure there's alot of bank customers getting stitched up out there. Pure robbery.

My point is that there is no excuse what so ever to charge customers any late fees or interest, computers pay as long as there's money in the account it shouldn't matter what day time or what ever if i instruct my bank Bpay to pay on the due date than that's it it pays on the day. this no processing on public holidays weekends is a crock of rubbish its just another tool for banks to rip off there customers pure and simple.
Mine you its all the reserve banks fault and some other mob Im told, so I called the RB and had a go at them, they understood what I am getting at and agree that things must change and they are working on it lol what a poor excuse Again computers don't care, humans do so as to make money for nothing and maybe a few chicks for free.
And yes my card is fee free so what?, its the principle Im talking about here Im sure there's alot of bank customers getting stitched up out there. Pure robbery.

You could always pay your bill a day early, you are getting the money interest free after all. The way the Bpay system works is well advertised, all banks tell you that it may take some time, while you don't like that they have given most than ample notice and actually it's the sending bank and Bpay fault that money hasn't hit Citibank in time.

I believe it is anti money-laundering measures in Australia that require at least an overnight delay for intra-bank transfers. I could be wrong though.

Did you actually read the post before replying? What is so hard to understand about the payment being deemed to have been made when processed by the sending bank and incorrect fees/interest being reversed. The point is that you will not be charged internet or fees once the payment appears in the account. What appears online means nothing, it is only the next statement that matters. How about watching the system work before jumping off the deep end about nothing?

Why not set up automatic payments from your bank account?

Never have to worry about paying a bill ever again........

It is always the other bloke's fault, not mine !

What has contributed to this sad phenomenon ?

Mirror does not exist anymore ?

Only 'complaint hot lines' ?

Did you actually read the post before replying? What is so hard to understand about the payment being deemed to have been made when processed by the sending bank and incorrect fees/interest being reversed. The point is that you will not be charged internet or fees once the payment appears in the account. What appears online means nothing, it is only the next statement that matters. How about watching the system work before jumping off the deep end about nothing?

Your right,
And I did let the So called system work and guess what, my paper statement says interest and late fee charged, so that's my point, I shouldn't have been charged.
So if I was someone who,s a bit meek or doesn't quite understand I would have just paid it and life would still go on but how many others have had the same thing happen to them? my guess would be thousands getting ripped off by there banks.
And as for money laundering that's a joke of an excuses, better to have pulled out the terrorist card instead that gets better results. LOL Better Lets not go there.

I have a CC and I can use it 24/7 like cash to buy things and pay bills with out a hassle then I should be able to pay electronically Bpay etc with out penalty. As for pay earlier Why? better for the banks to make sure due date doesn't fall on a Friday.
Direct debit, a big NO no,sorry I like to have control over my finance's. Citibank did the right thing and reversed it. but if I didn't make a song and dance?.
Im just alerting you all that the financial institutions are racking in money that they are not entitled to. Dont shoot the messenger lol

Your right,
And I did let the So called system work and guess what, my paper statement says interest and late fee charged, so that's my point, I shouldn't have been charged.
THanks for the information - did Citibank tell you why they failed to reverse the charges automatically?

If OP made a Bpay payment before the processing bank cut-off time, then Citibank obviously has to reverse all of charges which was made to your credit card. However, if OP made a payment after the cut-off time, then Citibank did nothing wrong, you have missed your payment on due date, and yes, you should be penalised without any issues. OP may need to clarity if the payment was made before or after cut-off time.

THanks for the information - did Citibank tell you why they failed to reverse the charges automatically?

No and I asked why this happened since I have always paid by Bpay on the due date and some of them dates fell on a Friday and I never experienced this problem, they couldn't answer me but thanked me for letting them know, maybe it was a glitch who knows, Im just warning others what happened to me could be happening to them with their bank or financial institutions, and it shouldn't

I setup the due date payments a week in advance with my bank and they pay on the date I put in unless its the weekend or public holiday, (which in computer world doesn't make any difference)

I hate mirrors, cause the bloke in the mirror always says, So mate what are you going to do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back