Cheapest way to get a few AA miles to stop miles expiring | Page 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Cheapest way to get a few AA miles to stop miles expiring

Anna

Established Member
AFF Supporter
You can donate them to charity on the AA website.

MikeG

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
I have 6,672 points that are going to expire soon - any idea what I can spend them on?

Apparently a one way trip on AA in the USA ia 7,500 points but I'm not planning on going to the US any time soon.

M

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Awardwallet may earn you 5 AAdvantage miles very quickly giving you a further 18 months ...

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
eRewards is good for helping keep the balance alive too, just need to do a few surveys now and again to build up enough points to redeem for 500 miles.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
I've left things to last minute again. Both my wifes and my miles are expiring in a few days. Not a lot of miles but don't want to lose them.

If I share 1,000 miles with my wife does that keep both accounts active for 18 months?

cbert

Intern
I've left things to last minute again. Both my wifes and my miles are expiring in a few days. Not a lot of miles but don't want to lose them.

If I share 1,000 miles with my wife does that keep both accounts active for 18 months?
Yes my folks always do this, just note there is a transfer charge

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Yes my folks always do this, just note there is a transfer charge
Thanks. USD30 to transfer. At least now I have another 18 months.

P.S. I'm sure I had some Agoda miles that should have posted but followed up late and they say the window to claim has expired. It was only 90 days or so. Most times they tell you to wait that long.

cbert

Intern
Thanks. USD30 to transfer. At least now I have another 18 months.

P.S. I'm sure I had some Agoda miles that should have posted but followed up late and they say the window to claim has expired. It was only 90 days or so. Most times they tell you to wait that long.
how do you get aa points with agoda?
Is it via aa advantage website link?

kpc

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
There is a link by @grussellt upthread in post #36.

You join Award wallet (free for basic), link your AA number and post a (relevant) comment to one of the blog threads
Bookmarked for future reference

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
There is a link by @grussellt upthread in post #36.

You join Award wallet (free for basic), link your AA number and post a (relevant) comment to one of the blog threads
Its not too difficult to find a voucher code for free upgrade to Plus level for new membership accounts.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
how do you get aa points with agoda?
Is it via aa advantage website link?
As mentioned it is Agoda PointsMax. You need to switch PointsMax on in your profile otherwise the airlines don't appear. Many cheap bookings come with 50-60 free AAdvantage miles. And you can then pay a higher room rate to earn more AAdvantage miles.

N860CR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Anyone had any issues having comments posted on AwardWallet? I've done a few now and they don't seem to be getting published.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Never a problem ... last time in May.

I do have a grandfathered paid membership - have been with them for years.

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fleckso