Charge card due date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenics

Hi AFFers,

When do you pay your AMEX charge card, on the due date? a little earlier/later? Whats the grace period nowadays...

B

On the due date or the day before. Through their pay my bill function which takes it straight from my account

Technically it is due immediately. My statement date is 14th of the month and I tend to pay around 3rd/4th depending on how close to pay day that is...

I pay mine 5 days before the next statement period, on the Amex website so it's reflected immediately on my Amex account

I usually schedule payments on the due date using the AMEX website (I do that when I get the statement - again with payment on the due date) however in the past I forgot a couple of times and did that late (after the due date but never before the new statement was issued) over the phone and was never charged a penalty... so I guess it's OK to pay a little late provided you don't abuse it ?!

I usually schedule payments on the due date using the AMEX website (I do that when I get the statement - again with payment on the due date) however in the past I forgot a couple of times and did that late (after the due date but never before the new statement was issued) over the phone and was never charged a penalty... so I guess it's OK to pay a little late provided you don't abuse it ?!

+1 mine's usually fall on a Saturday or Sunday and it doesn't take the cash out until the following Tuesday.

If it's less than $100K, I set payment online for the business day before the due date, or 2 business days if the due date is a weekend.
If it's between $100k-$200K, I pay the amount over $100K 6 business days before the due date and the remaining $100k, as above.
When we go over about $200k for the last statement plus the current month, they usually call asking for a pay down.

On the due day, irrespective of whether it is a weekend or not. With a bpay from my bank, via my bank. No issues ever. I imagine some of these arrive 2 days late but it has not been a problem. Will not tempt fate and schedule a day later...

Has anyone had any recent experience with due dates?
Do you need to request a payment extension with AMEX charge card like you would with other providers?

Situation: I made a mistake this month, I had saved CC details on my airline booking site, and stupidly without checking sent almost $5000k of an airline ticket to my charge card instead of my credit card. This on top of my existing balance on my charge card that I had already budgeted for. OUCH! one of those mistakes you only make once. :mrgreen:

My due date is around the 3rd of each month, with my cycle end on the 20th of each month.
So instead of paying on the 3rd in March I want to pay it around 10 days later but BEFORE the next cycle ends, do you think this will be alright based on peoples experience, late fees.etc.?

I've had the card for about 9 months, never missed a payment and payments always been made within 1 week of statement being issued.
Thought I would ask on here first before calling them.

IME, paying before the next statement date seems to cause no issue.

If the balance is high, they may contact you - if so, just explain when you will pay and that should be sufficient. (They might ask you not to use the card in the meantime.)

If no contact, then just pay as you are going to do.

IME, paying before the next statement date seems to cause no issue.

If the balance is high, they may contact you - if so, just explain when you will pay and that should be sufficient. (They may ask you not to employ use card in the meantime.)

If no contact, then just pay as you are going to do.

Thanks Serfty, thats what I intend to do, although i'll probably pay 70% before the 'due date' and the rest before cycle end.

Note to everyone, double check your saved cards list every time you use it!! :D

Agree with serfty... I ignore the due date and pay within my cycle only... Eg 3 days before cycle ends

Hi, for platinum you will be charged interest on the remaining balance after 10 days from the due date. Centurion have until the next statement date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back