changes to FF route

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by vaccav, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vaccav

vaccav Junior Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Happy new year to all. I would be grateful to anyone who can help with my first question for 2007:

I am currently half-way through an awards booking to the UK and back. I am in the UK and have decided that, ideally, I would like to route my return through the US instead of through Singapore (where it is currently booked). Qantas have advised that FF awards routings cannot be changed once the trip has commenced.

I assume that I am being told the correct thing by qantas - ie I am not allowed to change the route. Can anyone confirm this ? (I have heard of mistakes being made before).

Many thanks,

vaccav

PS I am looking to re-route as I want to ski in north america. There is very little ski in europe at the moment. Any suggestions on changing my route would be gratefully received.

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    That is correct. Once commenced a QFF award cannot be changed at all.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not quite right, although this used to be the case.

Qantas have relaxed this very slightly in that you are able to change flights/dates after travel has commenced as long as you DO NOT have a "Paper Ticket".

Na Da for any changes requiring ticket re-issue, which includes rerouting such as going be the LOTFAP rather than Asia.

Here's more on this: (From the QFF T&C)

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I stand corrected (thanks), but nonetheless not applicable to the OP.