Changes to Diners Club lounge access coming soon? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Changes to Diners Club lounge access coming soon?

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Diners Club is apparently making some changes to lounge access benefits for cardholders in Germany and Austria. From next month, Germans/Austrians would need to have spent at least €3,600 (around $5,900) on their Diners Club card over the preceding 12 months to get the airport lounge access benefit. The number of free airport lounge visits is also being capped at either 12 or 24 per year (depending on the type of card).

This of course doesn't affect Australian cardholders (yet). But I do note that Amex only announced its recent changes to Priority Pass restaurant vouchers about a week after it had already announced the changes in other overseas markets. I hope there won't be any changes in Australia, but watch this space... The unlimited lounge access just for holding a $150/year card could well be too good to be true.

odysseus

I have the understanding that the global diners clubs arrangements are less centralised than the American Express arrangements. They both have local offices, but the operating entity differs more for DC against AX.

Still, fair advice.

• Agree
Reactions: kpc

kpc

AFF Supporter
The benefits of Diners Club including lounge entry has varied from country to country for a while now so hopefully this doesn't make its way to Australian Diners club holders.

p--and--t

The benefits of Diners Club including lounge entry has varied from country to country for a while now so hopefully this doesn't make its way to Australian Diners club holders.
Yes.

If you go to the website to check for eligibility and availability, they always want to know which country's program you belong to before displaying a list. Australia is (I believe - not confirmed) a franchise run separately to DC USA.

Regardless, a dozen accesses a year for $150 is a good deal.

Rebecca Griffiths

Which diners card is this?? Had a look on their website and cant find it? I can see one at $135 plus $77 for additional card. Are you also able to take a guest in the lounge too??

p--and--t

Not sure where you looking. Just checked the website and nothing changed.

$95 for first card plus $50 for partner card plus $55 rewards fee.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willjet