Changes to Diners Club lounge access coming soon? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Changes to Diners Club lounge access coming soon?

Flights
My Map
Diners Club is apparently making some changes to lounge access benefits for cardholders in Germany and Austria. From next month, Germans/Austrians would need to have spent at least €3,600 (around $5,900) on their Diners Club card over the preceding 12 months to get the airport lounge access benefit. The number of free airport lounge visits is also being capped at either 12 or 24 per year (depending on the type of card).

This of course doesn't affect Australian cardholders (yet). But I do note that Amex only announced its recent changes to Priority Pass restaurant vouchers about a week after it had already announced the changes in other overseas markets. I hope there won't be any changes in Australia, but watch this space... The unlimited lounge access just for holding a $150/year card could well be too good to be true.

odysseus

Established Member
I have the understanding that the global diners clubs arrangements are less centralised than the American Express arrangements. They both have local offices, but the operating entity differs more for DC against AX.

Still, fair advice.

• Agree
Reactions: kpc

kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
The benefits of Diners Club including lounge entry has varied from country to country for a while now so hopefully this doesn't make its way to Australian Diners club holders.

p--and--t

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
The benefits of Diners Club including lounge entry has varied from country to country for a while now so hopefully this doesn't make its way to Australian Diners club holders.
Yes.

If you go to the website to check for eligibility and availability, they always want to know which country's program you belong to before displaying a list. Australia is (I believe - not confirmed) a franchise run separately to DC USA.

Regardless, a dozen accesses a year for $150 is a good deal.

flyinpod

Which diners card is this?? Had a look on their website and cant find it? I can see one at $135 plus $77 for additional card. Are you also able to take a guest in the lounge too??

p--and--t

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Not sure where you looking. Just checked the website and nothing changed.

$95 for first card plus $50 for partner card plus $55 rewards fee.

flyinpod

Thanks have you got the link for that, i was looking directly on the diners site Diners Club... dont worry i found it ... i wasnt looking at the frequent flyer site

coolstepslg

yes let us hope that rule nothing comes to australia . i just use mine purely for lounge access as i dont earn reward points. i try to remember to put $1 purchase through on the cards every year to keep them activate and stop them from closing the account without contacting me like they did a couple of years ago.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
busybeaverair