Change of complimentary insurance provider effective 1st May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterix

Just received this letter with my Signature statement:

16 April 2016

Dear asterix,

Changes to your Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature Complimentary Insurance Provider

We would like to inform you about an update being made to your Citibank Rewards Credit Card -
Signature Complimentary Insurance - Terms and Conditions booklet, effective as of 1st May, 2016.

What you need to know.
The insurer of your Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature Complimentary Insurance will change
from Zurich to another insurer. Your coverage does not change.

If the lodgement of the claim occurs prior to 1st May 2016, Zurich will still be responsible for the
claim in accordance with the Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions (refer to link below). If
the lodgement of the claim occurs on or after 1st May 2016, the new insurer will manage the claim.

From the 1st May, 2016, updated Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions will be available,
please visit: citibank.com.au/complimentaryinsurance

Any questions?
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please visit: citibank.com.au/contactus

Kind Regards,
Alan Machet
Head of Cards and Loans

I'm planning on booking a trip using reward points that I've transferred to Velocity, hopefully the new insurer will still cover those trips and will have comparable cover.

Has the new insurer been named? It's only a couple of weeks away.

It says the coverage will not change. That would imply that there is no change

I am surprised how badly these things are managed. Surely they have selected the new provider by now?

It reminds me of the change Nab made 1st June 2014 when they started using a QBE provided policy rather than Zurich(?). Sure, there was notice provided but there was no policy document available by June 1. They seemed embarrassed when speaking to the staff but there was nothing they could do. Basically, they expected customers to use the insurance policy without knowing anything about it! A policy document was finally released on June 11, helpfully dated June 1.

New provider and T&C's are on the website today - Allianz (AGA Assistance).

New provider and T&C's are on the website today - Allianz (AGA Assistance).

Besides the change of provider, all T&Cs seem to be unchanged compared to the previous insurance policy.

Good thing they went with Allianz, I was dreading them moving to ACE as they (ACE) are truly hopeless!!!

Besides the change of provider, all T&Cs seem to be unchanged compared to the previous insurance policy.

Correct. Policy stayed the same. Who you claim with changed.

Popped through a claim and Allianz managed to pay it out six separate times over three business days (thurs-mon).

Sent the money back but they contacted me after the quadruplicate payment on Friday, only to send another on the Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back