Centurion joining fee waiver | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Centurion joining fee waiver

samh004

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Centurion AF can't be justified based on retail value of perks alone. Good to see it's now the highest earning Amex (not by much but it officially is). It's about intangibles such as the value of the 'Relationship Manager' (RM). If you utilise the RM, they're worth heaps more than the extra $3550 AF. If you don't, perhaps the PC is going to tick enough boxes and have sufficient 'prestige'.
I guess I forgot about the value of prestige, but also points earning and what a good RM can be worth. But at the same time, some perks seem like they should be just that little bit sweeter ;) for such an expensive card.

opusman

AFF Supporter
But at the same time, some perks seem like they should be just that little bit sweeter ;) for such an expensive card.
The US version is half (!) the price and no doubt has twice as many perks :rolleyes:

liuyz

for those who want to justify the cost of the Cent card, since it comes with 4 PC card as supp cards, dose this supp PC card comes with 450 credit and the Accor+ membership (free night)? if it does, should this offset the annual fee a little bit?

Saltywings

Flights
My Map
for those who want to justify the cost of the Cent card, since it comes with 4 PC card as supp cards, dose this supp PC card comes with 450 credit and the Accor+ membership (free night)? if it does, should this offset the annual fee a little bit?
The fine print of my pack doesn't mention it but I would err on the side of 'no'...it's a bit 'nice' to be true. After all, each PC having its own travel credit would be like having a standalone PC with a supp PC having its own credit, which isn't the case.

samh004

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The fine print of my pack doesn't mention it but I would err on the side of 'no'...it's a bit 'nice' to be true. After all, each PC having its own travel credit would be like having a standalone PC with a supp PC having its own credit, which isn't the case.
I don't think I asked/saw it mentioned, does the Centurion come with the same travel credit as the PC at $450 for the charge and $400 for the reserve, or does it increase for the charge side of things, or not materialise at all?

albyd

AFF Supporter
Centurion doesn’t include the $450 travel credit. Does include the Free Reserve companion.

liuyz

I see. make sense.

potm

Centurion doesn’t include the $450 travel credit. Does include the Free Reserve companion.
Wow, does it come with Accor plus at least? I didn’t see it on the list posted by salty wings.

I think we’re all in agreement that it’s not worth it over the Platinum based on the additional cost compared to additional benefit.

You just have to value the utility you get for having a bad ass titanium black card as being worth 3k a year. Even that has been devalued relative to the Platinum now which comes in steel.

albyd

AFF Supporter
Accor Plus is included as is AFR subscription just like with PC. I'd be interested to hear how some Centurions have leveraged their RM to be more than a travel agent.

Foreigner

AFF Supporter
I’ve today received another invite, the third in as many years

Cannot justify it as is, if QF platinum was a perk I would consider, provided waiver of initial $5k fee

International arrival services available when you travel in business or first

mrtupperware

Intern
I’ve today received another invite, the third in as many years

Cannot justify it as is, if QF platinum was a perk I would consider, provided waiver of initial $5k fee

International arrival services available when you travel in business or first
Out of curiosity, what’s your spend pattern and why cards do you hold?

Foreigner

AFF Supporter
Out of curiosity, what’s your spend pattern and why cards do you hold?
Circa $900k in payments to ATO, for utilities, travel, shopping

Currently Amex PC, Westpac KF visa, Citi Prestige visa

This month I’ve severed several cards of no consequence

DaveB

Flights
My Map
Intrigued if anyone is aware of the Centurion card being issued as a Business or Corporate card?
Amex seems split into three very separate silos.

GPH

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I have been offered it twice, rejected it both times. I can't see any benefits which outweigh the OTT membership, as I recall the fees re substantially lower in the US (even allowing for currency exchange rates)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebaldman27