CBA Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Hi All,

Anyone got one of the CBD Platinum cards yet? Are they worth getting? Is there any min income before you can get one like Citibank? Just looking at other options from my curretn westpac gold visa altitude and comapnion card.[/list]

alien,

The CBA card is easier to get then Citibank's. If you spend much on your card the $250 per year doesn't mean as much as getting only 50% FF when converting with most cards now.

Well folks, I just got my acceptance for a CBA Platinum Mastercard....

However, to my dismay, they didn't give me the credit limit I was after....

When I applied, the form asks you to nominate any 'balance transfers' or other cards you want CBA to "close" for you. So, by nominating my other cards, I expected, that CBA would approve the full outstanding balance I declared to them. But I only got approved for HALF of what I wanted....

So, I can't pay out the 'other' card/s, and give CBA all my credit card business !

Is this a common practise? Anyone else had this experience?

I'll get onto them later in the morning.... to attempt negotiation..... but, you know banks.....

regards,

An UPDATE on the above....

I telephoned CBA to have a 'whinge'... and they checked out my account, and in 30 seconds flat, I was told my credit limit will increase to what I applied for, plus $500. additional !

So, CBA are pretty good, compared to some of my other credit card supplier experiences....

At 0.99%pa for the first three months, plus 1:1 points on balance transfers .... I think it's been worth my effort.

regards,

Gordon said:
plus 1:1 points on balance transfers .... I think it's been worth my effort.
Didn't realise that CBA did this... wonder if a gold CBA-->plat CBA would count as a balance transfer?

The Pope said:
Gordon said:
plus 1:1 points on balance transfers .... I think it's been worth my effort.
Didn't realise that CBA did this... wonder if a gold CBA-->plat CBA would count as a balance transfer?

If you get a citibank card, transfer to them, cancel your cba gold, apply for cba plat..then transfer back.. you'll cash in twice ;)

their T & C say: option to transfer the balances of your OTHER AUSTRALIAN BANK CREDIT CARDS..... :(4u

When it comes to 'balance transfers', I think most banks have a common theme....

You can't transfer from one account to another, within the SAME bank. Eg. You can't go from say, CBA Gold to CBA Platinum..... AND GET BALANCE TRANSFER POINTS.....

As previously stated, you can go from say, Citibank Gold to CBA Platinum, or ANZ Blue to CBA PLatinum etc. etc.

CBA have only recently struck up their VISA PLATINUM card.... previously, they only had MASTERCARD PLATINUM..... but I think the MC PLATINUM offers are better than VISA'S (in general). There is however, currently a promotion by VISA (on the CBA site) for 200 prize winners for balance tranfers.

So, the choice is there.... and it's yours !!!

regards,

Someone above asked tyhe same queston, but no answer...

Do you have to have a certain income to qualify for the platnium card?
or a special monthly spend?

people here have also said, they are changing to CBA PLATNIUM because they dont want a $250 fee, but isnt the CBA card $250 also?

Is this the only CBA Card to offer QFF points???

Thanks for your help!

Someone above asked tyhe same queston, but no answer...

Do you have to have a certain income to qualify for the platnium card?
or a special monthly spend?

people here have also said, they are changing to CBA PLATNIUM because they dont want a $250 fee, but isnt the CBA card $250 also?

Thanks for your help!

Unless the rules have changed recently :!:

CBA Platinum transfers at a rate of 1CBA point : 1QFF point
CBA Gold transfers at a rate of 3CBA points : 2QFF points
CBA others transfer at a rate of 2CBA points : 1QFF point

Not sure if there is a minimum spend or if income limits apply.

This is a continuing moving target with all the banks so it also pays to have a really good crystal ball :!:

Thanks for the Info straitman,

Is the Gold Card a feasable card at 3-2 ratio?
im considering it because of the good bonus partners!

aden_1 said:
Thanks for the Info straitman,

Is the Gold Card a feasable card at 3-2 ratio?
im considering it because of the good bonus partners!
I use a CBA Gold Visa for everything that I can't put on my Amex. But I am considering changing it for since they dropped to 2 QF points per 3 CBA Points.

So, yes it is feasable, but maybe not the best option. I am considering the value of upgrading it to a CBA Plat card or possibly one of the Citi Bank cards, but have seen a lot of complaints about Citi recently.

I currently put about $2-3000 per month on my Amex and $1000-1500 per month on my CBA Gold Visa. All work expenses go on Corp Diners. Between the three I do pretty well on CC points. Over 200K QF FF points available to me between the three cards.

Woolworths Ezy Banking

I moved from CTB Mastercard ($2 buying 1 QFF point).
Now on Woolworths Ezy Banking ($1 = 1 QFF) which gives me 0.25 extra QFF for every dollar we spend at Safeway and Big W so thats normally worth at least an extra 300 points per month.
Their program is only vouchers (to spend at Woolies affiliates) or QFF points. I hope it might survive for a bit longer on the 1 for 1 (and 1.25!).
BTW... their vouchers are 3600 points =$25

Off the track a bit... but still on CBA PLatinum....

Has anybody else noticed, that CBA Plat. travel insurance has now been amended to INCLUDE domestic travel delays !

On another thread, I relayed my recent experience of a 90 min. delay on a flight to Brisbane.

I haven't actually seen the policy as yet, but I wonder what the "compensation" would be for say, a 90 min. delay ?

Any experiences of claiming, anyone ???

regards,

Gordon said:
I haven't actually seen the policy as yet, but I wonder what the "compensation" would be for say, a 90 min. delay ?
I think you will find you get nothing in the way of compensation on travel insurance. Normally travel insurance does not kick in for flight delays until you hit a minimum delay time, which is usually at least 4 hours and can be much more.

And generally the compensation is in form of reimbursement for incurred expenses up to a maximum amount. I would expect that a CC based travel insurance policy will reimburse you for incurred expenses such as meals and only for that amount charged to your credit card, to a maximum amount (either per person, per party or both).

Other costs incurred by a flight delay, such as rebooking missed connections etc are generally covered as well.

Gordon said:
Off the track a bit... but still on CBA PLatinum....

Has anybody else noticed, that CBA Plat. travel insurance has now been amended to INCLUDE domestic travel delays !

On another thread, I relayed my recent experience of a 90 min. delay on a flight to Brisbane.

Any experiences of claiming, anyone ???

regards,

Your Commonwealth Bank Gold Credit Card and Platinum Credit CardCard
Complimentary Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Cover
For purchases on or after 1 September 2004.

Benefits
1. Delays
Flight delay
If the intended interstate flight is delayed by four hours or more, and no alternative transport is made available, the Platinum cardholder is entitled to charge up to A$35 per person to their credit card account for meals
and refreshments, up to a total of A$100.
12 hour luggage delay If, following an interstate flight, your luggage containing clothes and toiletries is delayed in getting to you for over 12 hours, the Platinum cardholder is entitled to charge up to A$150 per person to their credit card account for essential clothing and toiletries, up to a total of A$450.

2. Loss or damage to personal Items
We insure you during your journey for the theft and accidental loss or damage to clothing and your personal items (but not laptop computers or business items) that you have with you.
We will pay up to a value of A$750 for each item to a maximum of A$1,500 in total.

I hope this helps :!:

Gee, thanks guys !

Can anyone now help with next week's LOTTO numbers ?

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back