CBA cancellation "offer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun

My CBA Platinum is up for renewal. I need this card but do not want to pay $250.00 annual fee. Did anyone get a part fee waiver with CBA when trying to cancel?

just call up and cancel dude

if they let you cancel without offerring you something your business wasnt worthwhile to them anyhow... it is standard for most banks to offer you some sort of incentive2stay

I have a CBA Visa Gold (annual fee is $114), and hadn't bothered upgrading to platinum when it was introduced. Last week however CBA sent me a letter 'inviting' me to go platinum, with my annual fee not being due until my usual fee date. As this is not until March 06, I figured it was worth it so have signed up. I'm not sure if all Gold Card holders received this offer - my credit limit is $28k and I have been giving the card a bit of a workout lately, so maybe you need to be over a certain threshold. Anyway, my point is that they are offering a good deal to entice new members, so you'd hope that something similar would be on offer to keep existing ones.

Also, thanks to those that have posted advice about negotiating with Diners. When I signed up for the CBA Platinum I decided to chop my Diners, however after they assured me that I'm a very important customer, I encouraged them to make me an offer. I have now decided to keep it, had my points doubled for 3 months and my $95 annual fee from March reinstated.

d00t said:

if they let you cancel without offerring you something your business wasnt worthwhile to them anyhow... it is standard for most banks to offer you some sort of incentive2stay

normally its businesses who offer a sub standard product or service that need to make an offer to keep existing customers. if the bank is offering a good value service then it has no reason to offer you something extra to keep your business.

normally its businesses who offer a sub standard product or service that need to make an offer to keep existing customers. if the bank is offering a good value service then it has no reason to offer you something extra to keep your business.

No way... even the absolute best companies will of course get cancellation requests all the time! If they aren't giving you an offer to save you, they don't value your business.

one9 said:
d00t said:

My company offers the best product in the field, yet we have a retention department second to none.

It's much easier and cheaper to keep an existing customer than to advertise and get a new one. Any owner or manager with their head screwed on will do what they can to keep your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back