CB Rewards Platinum 2:1 VA, SQ KF / VA now [was 15K:10K]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanslegal

Guys, I logged into my CB account today to transfer some reward points to SQ KF and I see that its now 2 points to 1 SQ KF point.

It use to be not long ago that it was 3:2 ....... :( :( :( :( :( Very sad indeed, and where was the notice of these changes :!:

2 Citibank rewards points = 1 KrisFlyer mile, redemptions must be in 20,000 Citibank reward points. For Platinum, Classic, Citibank Gold Credit Card and Citibusiness cardholders.

For those with Select and Signature Cardholders, its 1.5 : 1 . I am not sure if this is a change, but that's what it says on the rewards page.

That really sucks:

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Citibank cardholders can transfer points to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program at:
Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Select and Signature cardholders:
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 KrisFlyer mile, redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points

Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Platinum, Classic, Citibank Gold Credit Card and CitiBusiness cardholders:
2 Citibank reward points = 1 KrisFlyer mile, redemptions must be in multiples of 20,000 Citibank reward points

Velocity Rewards
Citibank Cardholders can transfer points to Velocity Rewards at:
Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Select and Signature cardholders:
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity point, redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points

Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Platinum, Classic, Citibank Gold Credit Card and CitiBusiness cardholders:
2 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity point, redemptions must be in multiples of 20,000 Citibank reward points

I am such a lucky doer! Because Citi misbehaved on ATO in March, I transferred all my warehoused points to Kris at the old rate (but Select has not changed just yet).

Ouch! The change must have occurred May 1st ... I am annoyed as I was up to around 14K and nearly ready to transfer.

Citibank Australia - Rewards Program

That's basically the end of CB for me.

I'll get up to the 20K and transfer - After that I may as well keep it since the Platinum is a grandfathered Fee Free card.

Do they need to give advice on changes like this - I do not recall seeing such advise and I do normally look at the paraphernalia that comes with statements.

Last edited:
Thank goodness they haven' further "enhanced" the Select......... yet.

That's basically the end of CB for me.

I'll get up to the 20K and transfer - After that I may as well keep it since the Platinum is a grandfathered Fee Free card.

Do they need to give advice on changes like this - I do not recall seeing such advise and I do normally look at the paraphernalia that comes with statements.

I also cannot recall eading any notice (at least via email or on any of the online statements) about these changes.

I guess the only benefit with this card is that I have the fee-free version.

I also cannot recall eading any notice (at least via email or on any of the online statements) about these changes.

I guess the only benefit with this card is that I have the fee-free version.

Likewise. However I am amazed that the can just change the transfer rate without notifying us. Looks like I will transfer my 45K points to Velocity instead.

Suggest all to do it soon as you never know, they will change the rate to Velocity as well.

EDIT: I need to change glasses. Looks like Velocity is also 2:1 as well!

Last edited:
Likewise. However I am amazed that the can just change the transfer rate without notifying us. Looks like I will transfer my 45K points to Velocity instead.

Suggest all to do it soon as you never know, they will change the rate to Velocity as well.
It has already changed ......

I would have thought that most people, if not all, who originally had the fee free Gold would have been upgraded to the fee free Plat and then the fee free Signature?

Not happy especially with no notice!

Have around 80,000 points sitting and was going to transfer to KF next week!

I find it a bit crazy that no notice was given.. at all.

I can see Citi Select is still at 1.5:1. Is this an error or is Citi Select yet to be enhanced?

Just checked myself to confirm the changes.

However...

If I convert 67500 rewards points it calculated 45000 KF miles, thus 1.5/1

This is with Citi Plat.

I am tempted to press redeem but not sure if it will take me to another confirmation page...

I will transfer monthly as a result of this entry from Alanslegal as you cannot trust anything they don't say.
Nothing on ATO points change
Nothing on Price Match Guarantee
Nothing on Points Conversion Changes
Now it will be a bit difficult to figure what is next!

This makes the need to have a 3 year plan as the time clock starts ticking over at SQ Kris Flyer once you transfer.

I just downloaded the Citibank app.

And tried to redeem my points in KF miles, no dice. Just give's me an error to contact CitiBank.

This is with Citi Plat.

I am tempted to press redeem but not sure if it will take me to another confirmation page...

I just did it online (not via the App). It doesn't take you to a confirmation page, after you enter how many points and click next, it goes to another page which just says your transfer is successful and takes up to three weeks bla bla bla. I did enter only 15,000 -> 10K rates, so who knows if the transfer will be at those ratios. Will report back I guess.

I just did it online (not via the App). It doesn't take you to a confirmation page, after you enter how many points and click next, it goes to another page which just says your transfer is successful and takes up to three weeks bla bla bla. I did enter only 15,000 -> 10K rates, so who knows if the transfer will be at those ratios. Will report back I guess.

Thanks for being the guinea pig. :)

Happy to do it on a mobile device because it says the transfer rate is 1.5/1

Not as happy to do online as it's there in English that the rate is 2/1.

Yes Signature and Select is still 1.5:1 ratio.

I've just transferred my 45000 points for 30000 Kris flyer points on my mobile. Lets see how it goes.

Now I have 664 points left and is looking for alternate visa or mc.

I had just over 90,000 points that I was looking at converting, but I wanted to do it closer to the time of booking so that I would be covered by the travel insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back