cathays lounge who qualifies for access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziemuzza

Intern
i am only a silver qantas club member

i am heading to germany for the world cup in june with cathay pacific .

what would i have to do to be able to gain access to there lounges on this trip?

would this status qualify me or would i need to enroll into the marco polo club

your comments and tips are greatly appreciated

thank you

best regards from perth
murray

As a silver QC, you get no access to Cathay lounges.

You would need to be a Gold or above to gain this access when flying with Cathay.

Marco Polo club is a FF scheme run by Cathay. Just joining will not get you access to the lounges - you will need to fly with them and earn a certain number of tier points (similar to Qantas).

So the only chance you have of lounge access at the moment is if you are flying in Business/First class.

As a silver qantas club member, you would not have access unless you are travelling onward in business or first class with a oneworld airline on that day.

As you are travelling with CX, you would need to be in business or first.

Silver does nothing. A few more FF points with some flights, but apart from that silver is carp.

Mahtoh said:
Silver does nothing. A few more FF points with some flights, but apart from that silver is carp.
Unfortunately, this is true.
BUT one big benefit is that as a Oneworld Ruby you have priority checkin when travelling with other Oneworld airlines - with Qantas Club you only get priority checkin with Qantas (and maybe BA - not sure).

Mahtoh said:
May be for you but for some people it is good!

From my point of view

Not having to stand in the cattle queue is more than enough benefit for starters
Allocated some of the better forward aisle seating in cattle class
The 25% more FF points are a nice bonus
And the 3 upgrades to business class were quite good as well

A lot better than being bronze or nothing at all

The Cathay airfares were paid using American Express!

Some of us do have feelings you know! No need to kick a guy when he is down on status! :wink:

bammac said:

Some of us do have feelings you know! No need to kick a guy when he is down on status! :wink:
Didn't mean to offend, sorry. :oops:

There is nothing wrong with bronze but much better if you have silver or gold status. :wink:

For your transit in HKG, suggest you use one of the Plaze Premium Lounges. $50 ish for a shower, some lights F&B, comfy seating, net etc etc. (Cheaper if you're a Priority Pass member - see other threads on this topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back