Cathay and SC Earn

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chucksta, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    If a Cathay flight says it doesn't earn Asian miles, does that mean it won't earn any SC and Qantas FF points too?

thanks

Chucksta

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not necessarily, but it is likely to be the case. The only way to know if it will earn QF SCs and FF Points is to know the booking code. For CX flights, you earn SCs and FF Points for all A, F, J, C, D, I, Y, B, H, K, L, M and V fares. Anything else is a non-earner in the QF program.

It is likely that a CX fare that does not earn AsiaMiles points is not going to be one of the fare types listed above.

3. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Also with Cathay, a lot of fares found on online travel sites/agencies are non-earning as well (Tend to be booked in S class if I recall correctly).

Be very careful. Cathay's website will show you the fare bucket during the booking, so look out for it and make sure it is earning.

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Lucky with most of these they show in the fare rules if it is not eligible for Asia air miles so you know to stay away from it.

Thanks for pointing this out Mal. When I am looking for flights on CX website I only skim through the fares without going too far into the booking process and at this point there is no clarification of booking class. I was on the phone today to Cathay Pacific in Australia trying to get assistance on how to determine booking classes from CX website. Was not able to get answer and told to call number in HK for clarification.

6. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #6 Mal, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
    Third screen in the booking process (The screen where it displays your Itinerary details and where you put in your personal details).