Carry on baggage limit

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by issi, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. issi

issi Newbie

Dec 11, 2004
    Sydney
    I have to carry a CPAP breathing machine in the cabin. It is reasonably bulky and if I put it in my roller bag there's little room for anything else.

Any suggestions as to who I can get an exemption form which will be accepted at all airports?:?:

2. Ric

Ric Active Member

Nov 29, 2004
    SYD, MNL, BKI,
    I think that medical equipment are exempted from carry on restrictions. Best to check with the airlines

3. tscharke

tscharke Member

Sep 28, 2006
  4. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Have a friend who has to use a CPAP and he has had no issues with it being a second peice of hand luggage, He is a reasonably frequent traveller.
    I think he has a letter from his doctor just in case he ever gets questions by anybody (airports or airlines)
    E

5. issi

issi Newbie

Dec 11, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks guys. I always carry a medical statement. Getting through security at some airports is a challenge they are so inconsistent with their rulings:)

6. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    I also notice recently the security guys at MEL international have been weighing baggage , no tjust a few but most it seems the last few times i have been through, and of course my carry on weighted 12.5kg, but it was a bag inside a bag and 2 notebook computers and a so on, i could have split the bags to get both under 7kg but they let me though without any issues. (I am sure the QF gold lugguage tages help the situation when they do check)
    E