Card recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revilo951

Hello all,

Newbie here - 1st post!

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask for CC recommendations? If not, mods do as you see fit with this thread.

If I am, here goes!

I'm looking for my first credit card (have survived with a debit card to this point), and I want a card that will earn me FF points. The only reason I want a card is to earn points with the money I spend - not for the "credit" facility. my monthly spend isn't huge - around $1K/month.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a card (preferably westpac - long time customer, but open to others if there are better options)?

TIA,
Revilo951

If you're a long time customer, chances are that Westpac will be dangerously generous with limits - go into Online Banking, and start a dummy application for a Low Rate card or something. Don't actually apply, you're just looking to see if you receive a message "as a valued customer, we invite you to proceed with a limit of $xx_x" which tells you what they're willing to offer you.

Who do you normally fly with?

Hi Revilo951 welcome. What type of items do you want to redeem the points on? If its flights what type? Ie which airline and domestic or international? If international what area of the world (USA/Europe /Asia )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back