card arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

baswitzer

Intern
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
76
Points
0
Has anyone ever had any problems with actually getting there card? I signed up two and a half weeks ago and no card. I rang AMEX and they said they would send a new one but its been over a week now and no arrival. Hmm...
 
AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

codash1099

Established Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,891
Points
705
Qantas
Platinum
baswitzer said:
Has anyone ever had any problems with actually getting there card? I signed up two and a half weeks ago and no card. I rang AMEX and they said they would send a new one but its been over a week now and no arrival. Hmm...

Mine took considerably longer than that. In the end, I rang Amex and they were unable to find reference to my application in the system. The rep said he would look into it and call me back. No call back (surprise!!) but the card turned up about a week later. Total delay would have been in excess of 5 weeks.
 

one9

Active Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
610
Points
240
Yes, I have found Amex to take longer than other banks to send out their cards.
 

Love2Fly

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
27
Points
5
I applied online and received my card in under 2 weeks...so it doesn't seem to be consistant. I was already an AMEX customer don't know if that makes a difference.
 

baswitzer

Intern
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
76
Points
0
well on their estimates to me it should have arrived two weeks ago. Im just a little worried that a card is floating out there somewhere in the ether.
 

wantok

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
24
Points
0
codash1099 said:
Mine took considerably longer than that. In the end, I rang Amex and they were unable to find reference to my application in the system. The rep said he would look into it and call me back. No call back (surprise!!) but the card turned up about a week later. Total delay would have been in excess of 5 weeks.

Best advise is to keep on them. When I applied I had no end of grief, they claimed to have sent 2 cards, neither of which ever arrived, third card arrived after a couple of months, and when I first went to use it, SOMEHOW, the security number on the card (little 4 digit thinggy) did not match the card and rendered it useless, found that little gem out while trying to check out of a hotel :evil:

Finally got hold of someone (on the phone luckily) and told them that as the card was only small I should have no trouble in sticking it in his ear (or thereabouts) and was promptly directed to an agency in Queen St Mall in BNE (from memory) who would have one for me in 2hours.

Then there was the other little gripe I had with them for a charge levied against a card that I had cancelled several months previous. I was hit out of the blue with a letter demanding payment etc because the account was seriously overdue and blah blah blah.

When I queried why I did not recieve a statement, they said because the card was cancelled they do not send them out, but why then was there a charge, just because a card is cancelled does not mean that we will not debit charges on it. :shock:

Sorry for the rant :oops:
 

TonyB

Intern
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
67
Points
0
Maybe it is because I am an existing customer but I have had great service from AMEX when if comes to getting cards delivered. Last week I noticed that my current card was getting a little worn so I called AMEX and was told that I would have a replacement card mailed to me within 3-4 days, fair enough I thought. It arrived in the mail 2 days later:D I have to say I haven't had any problems with AMEX (other than their entertainment booking people, but I won't go there:evil:)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
wantok said:
When I queried why I did not recieve a statement, they said because the card was cancelled they do not send them out, but why then was there a charge, just because a card is cancelled does not mean that we will not debit charges on it. :shock:
That's a classic. :D

My situation was a little similar. They had cancelled my old card (upgraded from Blue to Gold) and transferred the balance across to the new card. A month or so later I receive a statement with a balance of $25 for the old card. Apparently a direct debit had managed to get charged to the old card. I cannot pay it as the card is cancelled and when I called them I got the same response as you, just because a card is cancelled does not mean that we will not debit charges on it. Anyway after some time on the phone they decided that it was best if they transferred this balance across to the new card as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top