Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Car Hire To Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobe

Anyone hired a car in the UK and took it over to Ireland then back to the UK, if so wich hire companies allow it? thanks.

blu

Hertz let's you do an online reservation from LHR-DUB. Maybe contact them to ascertain the surcharge.
I was recently quoted 25GBP a day just for SCWD (claims 'excess' insurance) in NI/ROI from Hertz Belfast.

Last edited:
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

kelvedon

Established Member
All the major car companies allow you to take their cars to continental Europe, but you have to tell them in advance and pay an extra premium, so I don't think Ireland would be any different.

kelvedon

Established Member
Hertz let's you do an online reservation from LHR-DUB. Maybe contact them to ascertain the surcharge.
I was recently quoted 25GBP a day just for SCWD (claims 'excess' insurance) in NI/ROI from Hertz Belfast.

The travel insurance that I usually use, TID, includes car hire excess insurance, so I don't take out the car hire companies excess reduction insurance. Often, for domestic travel, this is cheaper than taking the hire companies offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaweer