cancelling non refundable/changeable accomodation - seems like a waste. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

cancelling non refundable/changeable accomodation - seems like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReLoad

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Hi all,

I have one night booked and paid in a decent Sydney hotel (Which is non refundable/changeable) and I wont be able to make it - Change of work plans.

It seems like such a waste to cancel it?

What do other people do in this situation? Cop it on the chin? Give it to a co-worker/relative?

I normally never book accom that is restricted for just this type of situation, but this was out of my hands.

Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Sadly I wont be in Sydney when the accommodation is for, so wont be able to check in :(
Can't you get someone to check in on your behalf?;)

(Use a QCash card for preauth :p)

Note however, I would only go to that extent if it could earn points / stay credits etc.

Alanslegal

Depending on the hotel and whether you have status or not with them, you could give them a call and let them know your change in situation and they may kindly credit you another night down the track.

eric2011

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
What about posting the dates on here and maybe a fellow AFF'er could make use of it and maybe compensate you in some way

Cynicor

AFF Supporter
What about posting the dates on here and maybe a fellow AFF'er could make use of it and maybe compensate you in some way
Those were my thoughts. I'm in SYD next weekend (16-18th) and staying at a mate's place. Depending on date and price, someone might take it off your hands.

ReLoad

Established Member
Flights
My Map
The hotel will allow a name change, so I'll find someone from the Sydney office for a night on the town.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
The hotel will allow a name change, so I'll find someone from the Sydney office for a night on the town.
You may learn that non refundable accommodation can be a real trap and the costs exceed the benefits received over time if your travel plans change regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonome