Can you separate Qantas passengers in a Booking online?

juzdownunder

I'm supposed to be flying MEL-PER tomorrow with a friend, and I made the bookings. It looks like he's not going to be able to travel as he's pulled up crook today and is off to get a test. On the QANTAS site it tells me I have to "separate" a booking if I need to cancel the booking for only some of the passengers, and it tells me I can find the separate option in the booking online. But I can't see it anywhere. I've called Qantas and am currently on hold, with an "over 2 hour" estimate. Do I have any other way forward here??

Stevo.1702

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I've been able to separate bookings that have been classic rewards as well as cash fares. I can't speak to travel agent bookings. I'm quite sure I've even made a separation within 24 hours of travel but I can't recall the timeframe exactly

juzdownunder

Out of curiosity, how/when were the bookings made (points? online? travel agent? etc)
I did it all online direct through the Qantas website, they're paid flights, no points used. Booked maybe 2 months ago. Kinda thought i'd meet all the requirements for being able to split, not sure why not.

2.5 hours on hold now. If I just turn up to the airport tomorrow would i be able to cancel his flight there and still get a credit, or is there a point where it's too late to do that?

Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Seat0B

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I love that Qantas consistently lives up to the motto of "consistently inconsistent" even in times of COVID.

For what it's worth, I have had this exact issue on more than one occasion when trying to separate travel arrangements for Mr Seat0A and myself. These have required a phone call. Yet other times, the separate button has been there and worked perfectly 🤷‍♀️.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbarber