can you leave luggage at bangkok airport?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jimmm, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. jimmm

jimmm Newbie

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi travelling to UK and on return having 10 days thailand.Can we leave the luggage somewhere at the airport for the 10 days as we definetely wont be needing our winter woolies .
    cheers
    jim

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not sure about luggage storage; but Bangkok is opening a new international Airport later this month.

This would affect any answer ... What date are you arriving? After 28th September?

More here: BKK Suvarnabhumi Airport Update

3. smithym

smithym Intern

Jun 3, 2006
    OOL
    You may find it hard to find any major airport that will let you store luggage over night due to security risk. You would have better chance at leaving it at a hotel where your staying. I have done this a few times at hotels near LHR with no dramas.

4. jimmm

jimmm Newbie

Nov 2, 2005
    thanks for the replies
    jim

5. meloz

meloz Member

Sep 25, 2005
    The present airport has a left luggage area downstairs between the terminals from memory. I think it cost about 70 baht per day per piece last time I used it a couple of years ago.

I witnessed it still open 3 months ago.

Meloz

6. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    LHR has a left luggage store. I used it in June. Also used one in HKG around the same time. All luggage going into the store is x-rayed, so I don't see why it would be a (significant) security risk.

Googling "xxx left luggage" (where xxx is the IATA airport code) showed links for SYD, BKK, LAX and JFK. I stopped there because they seemed a reasonable selection of "major airports" to me.

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    To add to the list: HKG (Used it two weeks ago with a 8 hour transit while I went into town)

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    and SIN (can even leave it airside in storage)