Calculating SC's when flying with OW partners. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Calculating SC's when flying with OW partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,117
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Could someone please help with a calculation of SC's when flying with partner airlines :?:

LAX - SFO
SFO - DFW
DFW - IAH
IAH - MIA
MIA - BOS

All of these are AA legs and booked in 'A' class

Also

BOS - LHR with BA &
HKG - SIN with CX.

These legs are booked in 'D' class.

Appreciate your help.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,117
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks Mal and Dave Noble :D

You have confirmed my calculations.

Now all I need is for the trip to go as planned (maybe one minor tweak) and I should manage WP status for the first time ever. :D :eek: 8) :D :wink: :idea:
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,117
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
straitman said:
Thanks Mal and Dave Noble :D

You have confirmed my calculations.

Now all I need is for the trip to go as planned (maybe one minor tweak) and I should manage WP status for the first time ever. :D :eek: 8) :D :wink: :idea:
Oops. Just thought of another variation.

My flights SFO - DFW - IAH are on the one flight number. Me thinks that I just blew away 60 SC :!: :evil:

Am I correct with this assumption :?:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,864
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
straitman said:
Oops. Just thought of another variation.

My flights SFO - DFW - IAH are on the one flight number. Me thinks that I just blew away 60 SC :!: :evil:

Am I correct with this assumption :?:
Depends if it included as two "coupons" or individual segments in the booking. Does it show as SFO-IAH in the booking, or does it show as SFO-DFW and DFW-IAH.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
41,889
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
straitman said:
straitman said:
Thanks Mal and Dave Noble :D

You have confirmed my calculations.

Now all I need is for the trip to go as planned (maybe one minor tweak) and I should manage WP status for the first time ever. :D :eek: 8) :D :wink: :idea:
Oops. Just thought of another variation.

My flights SFO - DFW - IAH are on the one flight number. Me thinks that I just blew away 60 SC :!: :evil:

Am I correct with this assumption :?:
If they are on the same day and have ticketed as the one segmenty SFO-IAH then you should be given the one BP and will be credited once for the distance of SFO-DFW, which is 1,635 miles and in A will earn 120 SC's, not 120 & 60 for the two segments as Mal posted above.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top