C/Card Dilemna - $500k spend p/year

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmere12

Currently I have 2 plat's with Citi (hubby & I) 1 has already used the capping of 120K and the other will cap out within next month. I think I would spend about $500k all up per yr, I'm enrolled with QF, Kris & Asia. Would love to find an uncapped reasonable earn rate c/card. Can I be that lucky ?? I have been searching but now looks all blur.... I will continue - but if anyone has suggestions I am happy to hear them. thanks

I'm pretty sure my NAB plat is uncapped, same with Westpac earth plat cards

Currently I have 2 plat's with Citi (hubby & I) 1 has already used the capping of 120K and the other will cap out within next month. I think I would spend about $500k all up per yr, I'm enrolled with QF, Kris & Asia. Would love to find an uncapped reasonable earn rate c/card. Can I be that lucky ?? I have been searching but now looks all blur.... I will continue - but if anyone has suggestions I am happy to hear them. thanks

Citi select has no cap (the $700 annual fee is a bit steep though)

Will have a read of the new citi but bit steep for me. may have to look at compromising somewhere.

If you were to charge to an AMEX card which earns 1.5 membership rewards per $, that would give you about 310,000 AA points a year which is almost enough for 2 1st class r/t flights to europe a year and currently would get nearly 1/3 of the way to lifetime gold status with AA too. I don't think that AMEX has a limit on MR earning

Living in Australia and crediting to Qantas, the best card seems to be:

NAB Platinum American Express Card and Visa Card:

(1) Points are uncapped?

(2) 1.5 points for each AMEX $ spend and .67 points for each VISA $ spend

That's a shame as 500K would equate to 750K QFF points being about enough for 2 F rtns on QFF as well.

Yes suxs lol...! will certainly look at NAB. Obviously like I say I need to make a compromise somehow which is a bugger. Would love 1:1 and uncapped without paying $700. The cards can all make it themselves sound attractive until you get to the redemption side.

If you were to charge to an AMEX card which earns 1.5 membership rewards per $, that would give you about 310,000 AA points a year which is almost enough for 2 1st class r/t flights to europe a year and currently would get nearly 1/3 of the way to lifetime gold status with AA too. I don't think that AMEX has a limit on MR earning

Dave, sorry to sound like a ditz but what is AA ? Im guessing american airlines ??

Dave, sorry to sound like a ditz but what is AA ? Im guessing american airlines ??

Yup, American Airlines. Of course, once the points are earned , they can be used for redemption on flights of Qantas, BA , Cathay et al

Of course, if kept in Membership Rewards until needed, they can be filtered across to a number of different airline schemes depending on which will give the best value for any particular redemption rather than being tied to any individual FF scheme

That's a shame as 500K would equate to 750K QFF points being about enough for 2 F rtns on QFF as well.

would be close there too but the offset there is that QF will then charge fuel fines which adds a lot to the "taxes" . 2 x F r/ts on AA points is better imo than on QF points thanks to the fines

No one likes handing a card fee to a bank but if it gets you the redemption points that are greater than on a cheaper card you should consider it.
$500,000 @ 0.5 equals 250,000 points
$500,000 @0.666 equals 333,333 points
$500,000 @1.00 equals 500,000 points
Now if you deduct the different card costs you can see how little those extra points have really cost you on the three different Visa cards.
I would cut over to Citi Select at $20,000 plus average per month as the points are used only at their highest retail value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

Back