Business Credit Card

elemist

For a long time i've used a Virgin High Flyer card to run all my business costs through. Charge pretty much all supplier payments, as well as other various business costs (subscriptions, insurances etc) through it doing around $40k-$50k a month.

I'm looking around to potentially move the card officially into the business name. Predominantly due to the impact it's having with serviceability on my personal finances given its in my personal name currently. I'm also aware that it's probably against the various Virgin terms and conditions to use the card for business purposes, so it could be cut off at some point.

Another consideration is that i currently have a truckload of Virgin points - which i could have lost when VA went under. Plus redeeming VA points has been somewhat limited for a while now - especially for international travel.

So i'm shopping around for a suitable business credit card. It seems most of the 'recommended' business cards are all AMEX, but looking at my suppliers most either don't take AMEX or charge an absolute premium to use one. So i don't think Amex is going to work well for me.

Currently with Westpac for all my business accounts, so i'm thinking at applying for something like the business platinum card which earns Altitude points. I like the idea of having points that can be transferred to various different airlines - but can't see anywhere what the actual transfer rates are?

Open to any other suggestions?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back