Quick question - thinking of a week in Singapore with the Mrs - the options are Singapore Airlines or Ethiad.
What would the best option be, is it worth the typical additional $150 per ticket to go Singapore Airlines?
Too late to the party but if we do this,usually in July for the Great Singapore Sale,I switch Amex or DC points to krisflyer.SQ definitely have better timing and at least one flight will have J award seats.Unfortunately often the redeye.
As someone who has done this about 12 times in the past year in Y and 2 or 3 in J, I can say this:
- SQ service is better in both Y and J
- Food is arguably similar standard on both, SQ Y is the best around though
- EY J is a Flat Bed vs SQ regional
- EY J has the comp chauffeur (last week was Merc S350 with rear reclining seats)
- Y hard product is very similar on both, though one of the EY planes is newer than the other where SQ is consistent
- EY has in flight Internet vs SQ does not
- SQ has more flights vs EY return flight (delayed last week til 1AM dep)
Noting the OP has booked, I look forward to hearing the trip report upon their return!
From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)