Brisbane gets a SPG hotel again

Discussion in 'General Hotel Loyalty Discussion' started by markis10, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Report in the courier mail the other day that got my interest, sadly the foundations are not laid yet:

Brisbane will score a long-awaited five-star hotel, with architects yesterday revealing a Westin is to augment the city's existing luxury Sofitel, Hilton and Marriott hotel brands.

2. Homer

Homer Established Member

Jul 8, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    As a reasonably frequent overnight guest in Brisbane (our head office is located there) when I read this news in The Fin last week I was very pleased.

I usually stay at the Marriott Hotel which I believe is Brisbane's nicest business hotel but it's getting tired. And as for Brisbane's other "5 star" hotels, well IMHO the Sofitel has 4-star rooms and the Hilton is just embarrassing - apparently they spent millions on upgrading the exective floors but the bathrooms still look like motel bathrooms from the 70's (and I should know - my parents used to own motels in the 70's).

So I for one can't wait for the new Westin. :)

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I'll agree wholeheartedly with both posters. I also read that story in the Courier Mail and I can't wait to see if it comes to fruition.

4. Wunala Dreaming

Mar 14, 2006
    Brisbane
    [​IMG]

Read the article on the left!

Can't wait... :)

BNE's hotel occupancy rate has been a high 80% lately. We are in desperate need of new hotels.

It's good to also see that Intercontinental has Brisbane as a "future market".

Cheers