BP Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
While it might not be of interest to those wanting to collect FF points, Citibank and BP have released a joint card. Maybe it will last longer than the Shell Mastercard.

BP-Citibank MasterCard

Might be popular for some giving 5% discount on BP purchased.

Its a pity they limit the cashback at $15 a month. National Bank had a similar offer.

Whilst the 5% discount on fuel is good, (especially as I like refilling at BP, and don't like Shell (coles coupons), I don't think it is worth it to apply for this card just for the 5% fuel discount.

Hopefully we will see some competition, and hopefully one of the other service stations will offer a points earning card with decent earning.

When I saw the ad for this on TV I thought it looked like a handy card to have. I think the $80 annual fee is a bit steep considering there is no mention of interest free days.

I wonder if the rebate they give is deducted before calculating your next rebate & therefore making the next rebate smaller.

Aint worth the pen or keyboard stokes to do the application form. 5% up to $300 is a joke - especially considering the inflated value of goods found in service stations.

I haven't seen any e10 fuel in Melbourne yet, so I'm not exactly going to be pulling into any BP stations soon - unless there's no choice in the matter.

As far as I know only United Petroleum carry an Ethanol blend in all Service Stations and theirs is 4c/litre cheaper than unleaded - not BP's 3 cents.

In any case $80pa is way overpriced. I'm not tempted to bother.

At the moment they are including a $50 fuel voucher on first use. That makes it $29 for the first year. Should be able to save $29 on fuel. Must spend $600 on fuel to get money back. Might be worth it if like me you are to lazy to collect shopping dockets or you like BP98 petrol.

I got my BP card via online application and my card was with no annual fee for 1st year, though no 50$ pre-paid petrol card and it is better then nothing as i fill out from BP only though it is expensive then caltex/mobils.

I think it is a 55 day interest free card. And a 1% cash rebate for annual expenditure <$60,000 (nil rebate over). And enhanced rebates for BP purchases (but with relatively severe caps $300/month I recall).
Seems a reasonable deal to me for modest spenders.

We looked at this card as a possible 3rd card in our wallets. Due to the lack of Mobil service stations in our area however (and on our respective routes to work) and the relatively low km's we do per annum (both less than 12,000), did not seem worth the option...

Has anyone got one? If so, have you found it worthwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back