Booking Tickets | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Booking Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Where does everyone book their tickets?

I normally use qantas.com.au.

I wonder if it is actually worth going through a travel agent?

Business class from PER to MEL is $1406 one way.
Flexi saver is $667 one way.

Qantas prices seem to include the credit card surcharge, and I can use my AMEX card with 2.5 pts per dollar for Qantas.

Does anyone know how to get access to corporate fares with Qantas?

Kiwi Flyer

To get corporate rates, you usually need to be an employee or contractor of a company that has negotiated a discount with QF (ie generally for decent volume). You'll either have the code or book travel through your corporate TA who has the code.

Most such agreements strictly prohibit others from using the code.

NM

Flights
My Map
The only way to access our corporate rates is to book through our corporate travel centre. The only way to do that on-line is through our corporate travel centre Intranet site. No public access web bookings can access our corporate rates. I suspect that is the same with most (if not all) organisations with negotiated corporate rates.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Where the tickets are return or M class or under (Super Saver or red e-Deals) , I use the QF website.

Where the tickets are multi-sectors or in K class or above (Flexi Saver or Fully Flexible), I use AA Reservations in either USA or UK to book the flights, then get AA Reservations in SYD to issue the e-ticket and pay. Saves some of the fuel surcharges.

Kiwi Flyer

Why do you bother getting AA in SYD issuing e-ticket? You can get e-ticket online (cc billing address as normal except country).

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Apologies Kiwi Flyer, meant to type International e-tickets issued by AA SYD, not domestic. Not that I am expecting too many in the foreseeable future :roll: ...

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Because I haven't flown since finding out from Dave Noble that little gem of information... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee