Booking flights with Citi Rewards points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
I'm considering my options with regard to a credit card. One option is the Citibank Signature or the Citibank Qantas Signature card.

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

What's the current "exchange rate" between Citi Reward Points and VA/SQ?

What I can see of the Citibank Rewards site says that you can use Citibank points to book travel. I realise it will very, but I'm wondering if anyone has an indication of how many points would be required to fly this way.

What's the current "exchange rate" between Citi Reward Points and VA/SQ?

What I can see of the Citibank Rewards site says that you can use Citibank points to book travel. I realise it will very, but I'm wondering if anyone has an indication of how many points would be required to fly this way.

It is 1:1, you earn 1.5 Citi Reward points/$ and the conversion is 1.5 Citi Rewards points to 1 VA or SQ.

The Citibank travel program is a different program which lets you use you Citi Reward points to pay for travel, so if the cost is $1500, the points cost will be around 170,000. They used to match QFF points costs, but I don't think they do that anymore and I haven't looked recently because they just aren't worth it for the points they are charging for flights.

Last edited:
It is 1:1, you earn 1.5 Citi Reward points/$ and the conversion is 1.5 Citi Rewards points to 1 VA or SQ.

The Citibank travel program is a different program which lets you use you Citi Reward points to pay for travel, so if the cost is $1500, the points cost will be around 170,000. They used to match QFF points costs, but I don't think they do that anymore and I haven't looked recently because they just aren't worth it for the points they are charging for flights.

Thanks. That's exactly the information I was after.

I have used my citibank points to book travel on Hawaiian airlines (Neither AA or Virgin Australia had availability of partner seats on the flights I wanted), so the revenue ticket was $275.10AUD for the return flight Honolulu to Hilo - for a 55min flight each way - it ended up costing me 39183 citibank reward points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back