Booking FF tix

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chucksta, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    How do you book QFF tickets and pay the tax using FF points? I read somewhere that was possible, but it does not give me that option when I tried to book PER to Jakarta.

Any thoughts?

Also, as a newly crowned plat FF, what booking classes should I be looking for in expert flyer? Do plat FF have access to more booking classes when booking award tickets?

thanks

Chucksta

2. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Not possible - only on dom flights in Oz or NZ

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    When it comes to booking economy award tickets it is no different being a QF Gold or Platinum. Both use the "T" bucket not accessible by lower QF statuses.

Note that for booking business class and first class award tickets it is first in first served regardless of QF status.

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    They have muttered about extending it to int flights if it proved successful on the dom flights. No idea how they measure 'success', guess they have a target for what percentage of people take it up.

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I am wondering what the hold backmight be. It might be exchange rate based - if it remains domestic flights then the tax/points ratio can remain fixed (subject to changes in tax rate) but with variable exchange rates and multiple variable taxes it might be too much programming work to vary the points as the taxes changes. You can also wait for the first post on here for someone (or a report on TT) claiming that someone "booked two flights and the points changed dramatically for taxes and QF is obviously rippiung us of!"

6. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Now I am about to book my first award. Just a short trip to Melbourne. How far can I go in the booking process before I am fully committed.

I want to see the charges etc to see if it worthwhile spending them domestically of just pay the cash and get some more points for our excursion os next year

7. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Right up to the point of having to enter CC details for payment of taxes.