Booking CX or other airlines with QFF

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by bernard, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. bernard

bernard Junior Member

Jul 18, 2002
    I am a QFF member. I wish to book a CX flight from Sydney to Delhi using my QFF points. Can someone tell me how to do it? Do I go to Qantas site or Cathay Pacific site? Thanks.

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Seeing you have Qantas points, only Qantas can redeem those points for flights.

As Cathay is a partner of Qantas, you will be able to redeem Qantas points for flights on both Qantas and Cathay.

Note that currently the online booking system doesn't show Cathay flights correctly. You will probably have to phone Qantas to check availability and book your tickets.

3. bernard

bernard Junior Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Thanks Mal. Will contact Qantas. What if I want to book British Airways, do I go to BA site?

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nope, your points are with Qantas. You need to contact them to book award flights on other airlines (including Cathay, British Airways etc)

The only time you would visit the BA site is if you were wanting a revenue (ie paid) ticket, or had BA Executive Club points you wanted to redeem.