Bonus $10 gift card when buying $100 Myers gift card - until 13 May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallygirl

I really was unsure where to post this, especially as it has little to do with Flying or point accruals. Mods please move to an appropriate board if you wish.

I was in Myers today and noticed a sign saying if you buy a $100 Myers gift card then you get a bonus $10 gift card. There is a limit of $1,000 per transaction. Gift cards can only be used in Myers - they are not the normal Coles Group & Myers card.

I was about to spend $400 there so I bought the gift cards and my shopping only cost me $360.

As I said before, it doesn't accrue any points (other than if you bought the cards on a credit card I guess), but I thought I would post this info anywhere. My apologies if this has been posted already.

Happy shopping (or at least a little bit less guilty shopping)

AVC

Not really a FF topic, but a loyalty topic nonetheless.

Being it's Mother's Day on Sun, I went to buy Mrs VC a new mixer. Armed with my DJ's flyer which gave 20% discount on small electrical, I front up to Myer, and I got $150 off a $750 mixer. Plus with my Amex I get 15 points per dollar PLUS my Myer One card another 2% off. Not bad really.

The thing is, I wouldn't have bought it at DJs anyway, as they don't really have a loyalty scheme. They were offering 3 years interest "free" though. (when I say free it's a $35 set up fee and $4 a month, so far from free really)

Maybe I should have paid with gift vouchers too, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.