BNE - LAX in Business - best value using Velocity points?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by dflyerau, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. dflyerau

dflyerau Intern

Feb 23, 2014
    Hi all, just after some opinions on whether paying the extra for NZ/HA/DL (I can get VA direct from BNE) are worth it using points in J? I've got enough points for any of them but obviously don't want to waste them!

Has anyone flown DL in F?

Thanks!

2. Quickstatus

Quickstatus Senior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    NSW
    DL does not have F, only J, and Y (with Y split into Y and economy comfort which is not W)
    I think VA is better as im not into the herringbone design of the J cabin, but overall not much difference as im sure others prefer it.

if you are using points you will have better availability on VA. Velocity does not give much availability on non VA flights

3. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    I am very happy with my J reward. Going to LAX in August for 177,000 points all in. No cash at all. Got it last time there was a bonus. 15% then but now 10%.

4. dflyerau

dflyerau Intern

Feb 23, 2014
    I'm sure I read that Delta do F but on further investigation that doesn't appear to be so. Current bonus is travel by June 30 which isn't me sadly.