BIS is it necessary? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

BIS is it necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequel

Not quite as good as it sounds, but not bad.

They sell 1000 points for US$22.

Flying QF you need 190,000 for J and 280,000 for F for return AUS to EU.

Approx A$5225 in J and A$7700 in F.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Not too shabby... comparable perhaps to PER-AKL-PPT return in J for $1228.70. :cool:

d15.in.oz

Thanks drron, for the tip.

I guess with any FF program it’s all about availability!

If other AFFers join, can we please keep this one quiet for the next 72 hours, before directing any QAN staff viewing AFF posts, to this deal!

The figures add up, and if the availability delivers, we can all report back then! [N.B. partner airline requests are made online, but not in real time.]

JohnK

AFF Supporter
It sounds to me like you would be a taking a big risk hoping for availability on the routes you want. Yes I know you can check availability beforehand but it is difficult for a frequent flyer to redeem FF points for a premium seat now so how difficult would it be using this method?

Hudson

:cool:
d15.in.oz said:
Thanks drron, for the tip.

I guess with any FF program it’s all about availability!

The figures add up, and if the availability delivers, we can all report back then! [N.B. partner airline requests are made online, but not in real time.]
4 QFF awards, partner bookings (AA, BA, IB) online are in real time!

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
It sounds to me like you would be a taking a big risk hoping for availability on the routes you want. Yes I know you can check availability beforehand but it is difficult for a frequent flyer to redeem FF points for a premium seat now so how difficult would it be using this method?
Probably depends where you want to fly... I reckon most of the time you would be ok checking availability in advance and being a little bit flexible.

AAdvantage has the best system - you can put your award flights on hold for two weeks and then buy the points to pay for them (assuming you can find availability).

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neean