BEWARE! ANZ Telstra Visa cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick93

Established Member
Well, didn't I get stung!
Silly me traded my Qantas ANZ Visa card over for a TELSTRA Visa card (Gold), and, guess what?

They don't transfer reward points over to Qantas Frequent Flyer!!!

It's got to be the ONLY Visa card that doesn't and WON'T transfer their reward program points over to QFF.

I moved over to them a few months ago, because, it seemed they offer more BONUS points...... but i still wanted to transfer my points over to QFF. Bad decision. I'm now waiting on an application to Citibank for Platinum...... I'm sure they won't stuff me around!

All the best....

That's why it pays to research and make an informed decision...if the only reason you were switching was to "scam" more FF points (because of a higher awarding of points in the second card), looks like you got what you deserved. :wink:

Really, how many cards these days DON'T transfer points to QFF?

Yes, I know I should have "researched", but there are some things you just take for granted.... like ANZ having a standard arrangement with Qantas.

Well, I've now got my Citibank card.... so I'll transfer over to them.

Quite a number and the list in growing as CC companies opt out. Make hay while the sun shines, because it is getting more expensive to transact and perhaps one day, the gravy train we think we are on will finish. :eek:

Lindsay Wilson said:
Quite a number and the list in growing as CC companies opt out. Make hay while the sun shines, because it is getting more expensive to transact and perhaps one day, the gravy train we think we are on will finish. :eek:

Yesterday I received an offer to upgrade my QF Telstra Visa to the Gold variety (I've had the blue for about 5 years now as a backup to Amex), with the first annual fee waived. Considering how they give dbl QF points for QF purchases (oh for the days of QF Bonus points with Amex and booking a dozen of my staff SYD-LAX-ORD return......) I'll likely opt for it.

Lindsay, any further comment on the Citibank Plat Visa? WHat's the fee, and is it worth it for a card I'm likely to put only $10K or so a year on?

(oh for the days of QF Bonus points with Amex and booking a dozen of my staff SYD-LAX-ORD return......)

I'm with you Scott - how we used to rack up points - those were the days (I had my "fare" share :D with QF bookings over the years). I used to also pay for dinners on the card when going out with an extended group of friends and take their cash (which I promptly put against the card the next week) - I was known as "The Treasurer" as the bill would always get sent to me. I even bought my best friends car on it for him ($21K) whilst he got the finance approved.

Lindsay, any further comment on the Citibank Plat Visa? What's the fee, and is it worth it for a card I'm likely to put only $10K or so a year on?

Scott, I'll comment on this tomorrow night after I've put all the info together (my thoughts to date, including costs) and also under the Citibank card thread I started.

P.S. Tried to email you in reply to Willyroo's email, but your ozemail account is over limit :(

Recently ANZ had the ANZ Premier Select Product where you pay an annual fee of $295 per annum. This entitles you to a interest rate concession based on the size of your loan. For Example Equity Manager is currently 5.97% (cheapest advertised line of credit facility) plus a range of other exemptions such as a Gold Qantas Telstra Visa card, fee free bank accounts and other Banking discounts.

This may work out better for people that do not qualify for a CB Plat that has a mortgage and credit card. This is a very cost effective package for me. I'm not sure what is the current status of this product. This was only available to ANZ Branch Managers but is undergoing a revamp.

:D

Recently ANZ had the ANZ Premier Select Product where you pay an annual fee of $295 per annum. This entitles you to a interest rate concession based on the size of your loan. For Example Equity Manager is currently 5.97% (cheapest advertised line of credit facility) plus a range of other exemptions such as a Gold Qantas Telstra Visa card, fee free bank accounts and other Banking discounts.

Westpac & CBA both have a similar product to the ANZ one. They all have a few pro's and con's but are remarkably to each other. e.g. the CBA product lets you have more free accounts however the interest is slightly higher.

Westpac only allow one free account etc.

I'm not sure if NAB offer anything similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back