Better option of cash withdrawals o/s - advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasyoung

Just looking for some advice. Going to South America for 6 weeks (Argentina, uruguay, rio and Santiago) used to just take the 28degrees card to use for credit purchases and cash withdrawals when overseas a couple of years agobut With the recent changes is there a better option as I don't want to carry lots of cash. Already have earth black as well as this provides the travel insurance but carries fees. Have heard Citibank or bankwest may be abetter option now but is this true?

Bankwest for purchases, Citi debit (plus) for cash via ATM

which bankwest? Currently paying no fees with 28degrees so would prefer if I can stay the same.

Their zero fee or QFF product if you want points, in platinum form both have zero overseas transaction fees for purchases.

Bankwest for purchases, Citi debit (plus) for cash via ATM

Ok. If I understand it right, get a citi debit plus and transfer money to it before I leave (or as I go via Internet banking) then when I'm overseas, I can go to an ATM and withdraw my cash and I won't be charged any fees apart from any fees the foreign ATM charges. Then just keep using the 28degrees for credit purchases. Is this right?

Ok. If I understand it right, get a citi debit plus and transfer money to it before I leave (or as I go via Internet banking) then when I'm overseas, I can go to an ATM and withdraw my cash and I won't be charged any fees apart from any fees the foreign ATM charges. Then just keep using the 28degrees for credit purchases. Is this right?

Yes, that is what I do as well but I'd use Citi CC as they have a great overseas FF earn rate.

Which citi cc card if you don't mind me asking.

2013: Select [5 pts per overseas $]

2014: Signature [4 pts per overseas $]

I elected to downgrade to Signature to take advantage of the free-for-life offer which is way too good to refuse.

Yes, there is a marginal reward point reduction but you have to make your own value judgement there depending on your particular spending pattern.

Nobody is the same in that regards.

Take note that insurance premium payments no longer attract points from Citibank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back