Best Visa card with no points capping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooboy68

I have reached my 120,000 point annual limit with Citibank Plat Visa and am now looking for the best way to continue to earn points via Visa/MC.

I spoke to Citibank today and was told my card resets at the anniversary month, in my case it's May. (4 months away!)

Should I apply for a secondary Visa card with another bank that gives me 1:1 QF points redemption and use this as my back up card? Or is there a magical card out there that will do it all for me? (ie...Visa/MC, No points capping, and 1:1 QF points)

I already have the Diners and Amex bases covered, just need a solution to my Visa problem...:confused:

Thanks

Option 1 - Apply for another Citibank Card (Maybe Gold Free for life) Quick and dirty solution

Option 2 - Earth Masteracard (0.5 points per $1) Not the best deal on points

Option 3 - StGeorge Private Bank Visa Platinum (if you qualify) ($1=1point)
St.George Privatebank

Option 4 - ANZ Private Bank Visa Platinum ($1=1 point)
ANZ Private Bank Platinum Visa Card - Platinum Service

Westpac Gold or Platinum Amex/Mastercard Combo ($1=0.5 points) Expensive of low points accrual

Good luck

Hi rooboy...

Do you havea partner who does not havea citibank VISA?

If so time to get them a free for life gold card (as long as they have the required income...)

Just tried to apply for a Citibank Gold free for life card for Mrs Rooboy and got this after filling out the application...

Due to a system error, we are unable to process your application. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please try to submit your application later.

:mad:

I'll try again tomorrow!

Cheers

rooboy68 said:
I have reached my 120,000 point annual limit with Citibank Plat Visa and am now looking for the best way to continue to earn points via Visa/MC.

I spoke to Citibank today and was told my card resets at the anniversary month, in my case it's May. (4 months away!)

Should I apply for a secondary Visa card with another bank that gives me 1:1 QF points redemption and use this as my back up card? Or is there a magical card out there that will do it all for me? (ie...Visa/MC, No points capping, and 1:1 QF points)

I already have the Diners and Amex bases covered, just need a solution to my Visa problem...:confused:

Thanks

How do you know that you card got capped. Did you notice that no new points were being credited? Or did you just assume so because you reached 120,000 points?

I and others I know have well exceeded the so called cap. We do our best to keep under the radar. The cap is not automatic. It "may" be applied. I would not be calling up and asking about the cap unless you were sure that you were already being capped.

I called Citibank because points were not being credited for December and now January. I average 15,000/month.

Agent told me it was because I had reached my 120,000 annual limit late November.

one9 said:
How do you know that you card got capped. Did you notice that no new points were being credited? Or did you just assume so because you reached 120,000 points?

Citibank finally caught up with me after 4 years! After earning a few hundred thousand points every year, I just got a statement today, which has bold typing.

"A maximum of 60,000 reward points can be earned in each anniversary year. Please see the Rewards Terms and Conditions for more information"

Just above that:

"Base points earned 0"

My partner got an Earth+. Should I use that and get half the points? Or should I apply for another Citibank?

Chicken said:
After earning a few hundred thousand points every year,

I think indicates that it is worth you getting another card or two..
Chicken said:
My partner got an Earth+. Should I use that and get half the points? Or should I apply for another Citibank?

200,000 - 60, 000 = 140,000 lost points per year.

That is say Lnadon Return airafre or RTW ticket.

Say $2000-3000...more $$$ if used for upgrades.

So another free for life Citbank.... perhaps an AMEX free for you a year.... but even if you have to pay some yearly fees you will be well in front..

Eaning at 0.5 = losing 70,000 points - $1000-2000 +

lovetravellingoz said:
I think indicates that it is worth you getting another card or two..

So another free for life Citbank

I know, but the problem is I don't know if I can actually successfully apply for another Citibank free for life gold card, since

1 - I already got one
2 - I am self employed and eat off my company. My tax return makes a check out chick looks loaded.

perhaps an AMEX free for you a year....

I already have an AmEx platinum credit card, to get the free red e deal and $1=1.5 pt, but it is AmEx, not Visa, and honestly, AmEx is pretty hopeless in many places in many countries.

Even if I get another free Citibank, successfully, it MAY cap me again after 60000 points, which will again, takes me well under 6 months to achieve.

I don't know if I should try my luck for CBA platinum which is $1 = 1 QF point, and the cap is 150 000. Only problem is, they do not tell you what is the minimum income requirement, and my tax return is a problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I ended up getting a CB Gold (Free for Life) Visa in my wife's name.

I will get an addition card (for free) on it and add it to my coughnal of cards.

My CB Platinum gives me 120,000 points annually, my new CB Gold gives me 60,000 annually and my Amex and Diners make up the balance.

My annually spend is around 200,000 so I should be right! :)

Cheers

Hi
I've got the CITIBANK FEE FREE FOR LIFE Gold card and am earning over 100,000 points per annum with no capping. Guff says may cap @ 60,000 in their booklet but does not appear to be happening.
Maybe they just let bigger spenders slip through thye grate as I am sure they make heaps from the Vendor who accepts the card and realise if they cap then people will just use another card, another company ??

Sorry to double post, but I've been able to find information on the Citibank Gold Card, but nothing on "free for life" or "no fee" card. Can someone please enlighten me or give me a link?

Thanks! :)

regina_tt said:
Sorry to double post, but I've been able to find information on the Citibank Gold Card, but nothing on "free for life" or "no fee" card. Can someone please enlighten me or give me a link?

Thanks! :)
regina_tt,

Welcome to AFF.

Once normally works :!:

I've also answered this in your other post.

Maybe worth a new thread .. but I'm currently looking around as my free gold card doesn't cut enough mustard.
One might expect that the millionaires factory would produce a decent card for it's hnw customers .. but it seems not.
Even worse , the detailed disclosure ( the fine print) is abysmal.. Altogether not a good look

But this card does not link to any FF program, so we can safely assume the burn rate is not going to be good
If you click on the travel awards link you'll see you can redeem points on about 5 airlines. I picked a Mel/Syd return and there are some really interesting deals.

Hi
I've got the CITIBANK FEE FREE FOR LIFE Gold card and am earning over 100,000 points per annum with no capping. Guff says may cap @ 60,000 in their booklet but does not appear to be happening.
Maybe they just let bigger spenders slip through thye grate as I am sure they make heaps from the Vendor who accepts the card and realise if they cap then people will just use another card, another company ??

i have no idea how they decide who to enforce it on, an would guess that one day they will catch up with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back