Best Velocity Credit Card Earn rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

It used to be the AMX Velocity card at 1.5 which is now 1.25 and the Virgin Money High flyer which was 1.25 and is now 1 were the best earn rates - the AMx Explorer Card is now 1 so no advanatge here. For max earn with some return via benefits are there other cards out there for Velocity?????? The new Westpac cards seem expensive and the non amx card earn rate not great. Any other options out there?????

ANZ Rewards Black VISA. 2 reward points per $ spent. Worth 1.5 velocity when redeemed in conjunction with 50% bonus points offers. There is no better for Visa earn, and even as good as the best Amex redeem rate now. If the annual fee puts you off consider the rewards platinum which will get you 1.125pts per $ with the bonus. Each card has a spend limit before point earn is halved,

I can’t beet the St George signature cards (bank of Melb, bank SA etc). They pay points for everything and is equivalent to 0.825 points per dollar with the yearly birthday bonus. Can also be transferred to KrisFlyer, and Malaysia airlines.

Thanks Coops1 good advice checked sites both ANZ cards earn 1.5 Vel points per $ up to their limit then 0.5 thereafter. They both have cashbacks in the first year and bonus points. At present they must be the best earn rates of any cards. Downside is they dont offer much in return by way of flights or lounge access in australia. Will definately have a look at these.

Thanks Coops1 good advice checked sites both ANZ cards earn 1.5 Vel points per $ up to their limit then 0.5 thereafter.
Make sure your looking at the right ones. There is a Rewards version (better earn IMO ) and Frequent Flyer (better initial bonus). The Rewards Black gives 2 rewards, which converts to 1 Velocity point normally, or 1.5 when 50% ANZ bonus is on.

Would this Signature be a good offer for @GDS? I have a similar Q.

I'm not a big spender, and am hoping for govt spends pays, so sign bonus is of interest. Not really interested in a free flight either.

Then try the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card $64 in first year and 75K Velocity Points plus $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher, each year. For QFF points maybe checkout the Qantas Premier Everyday MC $29 for 42K qantas points

I phoned to ensure I get the bonus with this card whilst still holding the Qantas Premier (both Citibank) The agent said I'd def get the bonus. I don't trust phone calls, so I will try to get it on an email/chat.

But, I think other AFFers have been told that they won't get the bonus until since cancellation of the other card. Anyone confirm their experience plse?

Then try the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card $64 in first year and 75K Velocity Points plus $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher, each year. For QFF points maybe checkout the Qantas Premier Everyday MC $29 for 42K qantas points

I phoned to ensure I get the bonus with this card whilst still holding the Qantas Premier (both Citibank) The agent said I'd def get the bonus. I don't trust phone calls, so I will try to get it on an email/chat.

But, I think other AFFers have been told that they won't get the bonus until since cancellation of the other card. Anyone confirm their experience plse?
From my experience dealing with Citi bank credit card products(including white label products from Citi), NEVER trust call centre agent. I had this issue before when the agent told me I can get the bonus, but after activated the card and spend the minimum requirement within 3 months, no bonus. Call up several times to follow up, all been told I am ineligible for the bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back