Best travel insurance

Discussion in 'Travel Insurance' started by finnsh, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. finnsh

finnsh Newbie

Sep 26, 2006
    I'm heading overseas in December and looking for some good advice on travel insurance. I didn't have my citibank gold when I bought the tickets so missed out on the free insurance. I would really like one that covers rental car excess in Australia as well if possible. Any ideas/information would be appreciated.

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I use OnlineTravelInsurance issued by Allianz.

It is cheap comprehensive travel insurance which also covers rental car excess in Australia. You can find cheaper buying an annual policy from somewhere else but this insurance suits my travel patterns.

3. finnsh

finnsh Newbie

Sep 26, 2006
    Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the site and found it pretty good and offers a lot more than world nomads. However the best value at the moment would have to be QBE with the 25% off offer I discovered after reading another thread on this site.

4. alien

alien Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Where is this being offere?

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  6. NickP

NickP Intern

May 24, 2005
    Sydney
    #6 NickP, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
    I'd recommend that you google travel insurance and have a look at a few, as there are many products out there. A number of online products are simple replicas of products from the traditional agency business - so its important that you search out the true online suppliers.

There are a few comparative websites out there, but you'd ideally be looking at the top 3 within Google sponsored links. They're paying to be there, they are able to demonstrate sound products and good prices.

I know quite a lot about travel insurance, I'm a Director of, quite probably, the leading online supplier of direct travel insurance in the Australian market - so I think I'm well quallified on the subject. Should you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to recieve them.

Cheers
    Nick

7. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks Nick. This type of info is always useful to help us wander through the mine fields. :mrgreen: