Best Seats QF127/8 on 747 in J

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejr

Hi Guys,

Only ever flown the 380 to HKG - so looking for seating tips on the 747 please.

I have J Class for my wife and myself (v tall) and looking for the best 'pair' of seats in J

It is fairly open at the moment so would upstairs row 14 (exit) maybe a good pick - quiet cabin?

Or perhaps up front row 2 or row 6?

Any comments and suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Mr_Orange

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Only ever flown the 380 to HKG - so looking for seating tips on the 747 please.

I have J Class for my wife and myself (v tall) and looking for the best 'pair' of seats in J

It is fairly open at the moment so would upstairs row 14 (exit) maybe a good pick - quiet cabin?

Or perhaps up front row 2 or row 6?

Any comments and suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Upstairs exit row, I think.

M

mickeyc747

Depends on when you are flying as they currently use a 4 class 744 with Rows 1-4 being sold as F

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
And if you are a little older and arthritic you lose your preference for upstairs.We are all different.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
3E/F are great pair seats in either configuration.

mikejr

Thanks for the replies guys - not that old yet!

It is the 3 class config with row 14 upstairs as exit and row 5 downstairs as exit - if that makes any difference ???

Aeolus

Established Member
I'm interested to know as well since all my forward bookings to/from HKG have been changed to 747. Does the exit rows attract additional fees as WP? Thanks in advance.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I'm interested to know as well since all my forward bookings to/from HKG have been changed to 747. Does the exit rows attract additional fees as WP? Thanks in advance.

No fees for seat selection in J. As a WP you should have access to virtually all J seats.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Aeolus

Established Member
Many thanks Hvr. I've always wondered as when I tried to select the exit row seat, it's indicated as being requested, making me think it's like an upgrade request. :)

ketsuzei

Established Member
Many thanks Hvr. I've always wondered as when I tried to select the exit row seat, it's indicated as being requested, making me think it's like an upgrade request. :)

That's because they have to confirm you're OK to sit there.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

It is the 3 class config with row 14 upstairs as exit and row 5 downstairs as exit - if that makes any difference ???
Even more reason for 3E/F - you get personal storage bins at your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..