Best Economy Seat Qantas A330-300 Economy

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Red
Hi all

Does any one have any pictures or details of the Legroom in 24J in Economy on the A330-300, as I have been advised by VIP team these are the best seats. I am concerned about the Bulkhead and how restrictive it maybe.

What experiences do people have and what would you suggest as the best seats.

Many thanks in advance.

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
I don't have a picture but I've flown many times in 24J. The legroom is good (a bit more than A380 row 32 upper deck if that helps you) but you can't extend your legs fully. So it's a very good seat for day flight, for overnight it depends on preference regarding stretching legs.

Yes, row 23/24 (depending on the layout) are great seats if you’re less than 6ft tall. Of course if you’re travelling on your own and sharing the pair of seats with bassinets in use then getting in and out of the window seat becomes challenging.
I will always try to grab them though for the legroom and the lack of a seat reclining into you.

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Red
Thank you all Is there enough room to fully stretch your legs as you can when in standard seats?

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I am 183cm and do not take economy bulkhead seats on Qantas A330's for flights scheduled for more than an hour or two.

The best non exit legroom seats on a QF A333 are 55K or 55A. On the 243Y A332 it is 51A/K and on the 204/224Y A332 it is 52A/K.

This is where the rows change angle for the narrower rear, it's only up to a few cm but every bit helps

Conversely, 55J and 55B have less than average legroom.

20210313_110111.jpg

Last edited:

wannabeinvestmentbanker

How long is the flight is the key question?

As stated by Serfty above flight duration is the key variable. I did them SYD-MEL weekly back in the Y days and it's great. I've also done a few SIN-SYD personal and wouldn't favour them for a flight to Asia based on lack of 'stretchability' for lack of a better word. This is where you see feet on bulkhead and people desperate to find a comfortable sleeping/resting position.

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I'm way under 6' and even I find those bulkhead seats too restrictive, as I like to stretch out my legs.

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Red
Thanks all its a Trans Tasman Trip so will stay where I am. Fingers crossed for an upgrade lol

Ansett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Red
Its interesting serfty that the seat map in the link shows a seats 23 J and K yet the Qantas and Seat Guru map has it starting at row 24. Does this mean there is even more legroom at 24J and K?

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
On the A333 24J/K have more legroom than other bulkhead seats. I'm 6'5" and I don't mind 24J for a day flight to SIN.