Best Credit Card for Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Travel Insurance' started by fonty, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. fonty

    fonty Newbie

    Feb 6, 2007
    My current situation is a full time student, earning roughly 12 thousand a year, with bank savings of around 5 thousand.
    Currently i have a Commbank Standard CC 1k limit (Completely free as a student)
    And the ANZ FF card 1k limit, for its QFF program.
    I spend about $500 a month.

    I like to save up to travel in the Uni holidays, and I'm hoping there is a card, low income earners like me can use for its travel insurance benefits program (or travel benefits in general). Annual Fee is not really an issue, just being accepted for a (usually gold) credit card with such a low income is my sticking point.
    Any advice for my situation is certainly appreciated.

  2. adrian

    adrian Member

    Jul 17, 2006
    Look for the ANZ Gold. Has very good travel insurance, and you don't even need to put all your flights on it to benefit from the insurance. Not sure about the income requirements, however you already have an ANZ card, so that may help you if you look at transferring...
  3. Flashback

    Flashback Senior Member

    Oct 29, 2006
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    He won't be able to get gold, not with such a low income.
  4. trippin_the_rift

    trippin_the_rift Established Member

    Apr 2, 2006
    Income is totally irrelivant. You'll need a $7500+ credit limit before you can get an ANZ gold card.

    If your main aim is points, why don't you get a partner card with your parents - that way you get to use their credit line too :mrgreen:

    My advice - keep asking the bank for credit increases (but don't fill out any paperwork for it) - every 6-12 months you'll get an increase so long as you either:
    - pay off the entire balance monthly
    - don't pay it off consistantly and get charged high interest rates.

    If you sometimes pay it off, sometimes dont...then you wont ever get the high increases the rest of us enjoy ;)

    Happy Spending!
  5. Evan

    Evan Established Member

    Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Around Jan every year i get a limit increase offer. Useful to have just incase you ever need it stranded in some other country or similar. Even buy a small car if i really needed to.
  6. NM


    Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If your main focus is for travel insurance cover, then you may be better off taking out an annual travel insurance policy rather than looking for a Gold CC for that purpose.
  7. SeaWolf

    SeaWolf Active Member

    Jan 24, 2007
    Have a look at Earth and Earth+, they only require an annual earn of $15k, so you might be able to squeeze your way in. Though I think investigating just buying the insurance outright might be better value for you. Though I seem to remember that the annual fee for the ANZ cards meant they weren't very good value so you might be better off switching to Earth anyway.
    earth - Home

Share This Page