Best Business Hotel in Singapore? What is your favourite? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Best Business Hotel in Singapore? What is your favourite?

ToInfinityandBeyond

I spend a lot of time in Singapore and tend to stay at the same few hotels, Swissotel, Fairmont, Mandarin Orchard and Shangri-La.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for a five star property that ticks all the business travel boxes?

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I've also spent a lot of time in Singapore for business - there are so many high-end hotels to choose from - I personally would put access to transportation and/or the places of business you are visiting at the top of the list. If you use taxis - then lots of taxis and easy access from the hotel taxi rank to the main roads is very important - if using the MRT then immediate access to a station on the line you use is very important.

I also found even if you use taxis predominately - it is essential to know how to get to/from your hotel and places you visit by public transport (and having an transport card) really important - nothing worse than trying to get a taxi in a downpour at pear hour.

I used to stay at the Conrad (easy walking distance to my local office) - they got to know me that I always got very preferential service (in additional to the usual benefits of "platinum" status). So loyalty to one location can also be helpful.

offshore171

Flights
My Map
Agreed, there’s so many with a similarly high quality offering, the main priority is the proximity to your local office or client site.

YSSY

Flights
My Map
If you want a change of scenery, the 4 star Orchid Country Club is set within a golf course around 20-30 minutes from the CBD. It's my preferred location because its off the beaten track and provides a bit of an escape, plus the ability to use the driving range. Also has good gym and olympic sized pool.

Daver6

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Another for the Conrad if it's for work. Proximity to the office in Suntec can't be beat.

Stayed at the Swissotel once. Found the room a bit dark, small and didn't like the desk setup.

ToInfinityandBeyond

What are the important boxes for you that need to be ticked?
Superb service. Great central location (Orchard), lots of good eating places nearby, gym, simplicity of check in/out, good breakfast offering, comfortable beds, clean and great shower water pressure!

ToInfinityandBeyond

I've also spent a lot of time in Singapore for business - there are so many high-end hotels to choose from - I personally would put access to transportation and/or the places of business you are visiting at the top of the list. If you use taxis - then lots of taxis and easy access from the hotel taxi rank to the main roads is very important - if using the MRT then immediate access to a station on the line you use is very important.

I also found even if you use taxis predominately - it is essential to know how to get to/from your hotel and places you visit by public transport (and having an transport card) really important - nothing worse than trying to get a taxi in a downpour at pear hour.

I used to stay at the Conrad (easy walking distance to my local office) - they got to know me that I always got very preferential service (in additional to the usual benefits of "platinum" status). So loyalty to one location can also be helpful.
Great advice, thanks!

ToInfinityandBeyond

Another for the Conrad if it's for work. Proximity to the office in Suntec can't be beat.

Stayed at the Swissotel once. Found the room a bit dark, small and didn't like the desk setup.
Agreed, Conrad is very nice. I am ready for a change. Any tips and tricks on other hotels are welcome! 😀

Andz

Recently stayed at the Clarke Quay Holiday Inn. It was excellent, small rooms, but nice roof top pool and the breakfast was pleasant. Also very central for 2 hawker markets and running around marina bay sands.

Flights
My Map
Great central location (Orchard), lots of good eating places nearby, gym, simplicity of check in/out, good breakfast offering, comfortable beds, clean and great shower water pressure!
Well forget Hilton as it is so antiquated with shower over / in bath with those hideous plastic shower curtains and forget Hyatt as beds as hard as morgue slabs*

*I will never forgive that penegal for his misguided advice for me to stay at Hyatt - indeed I had 2 stays that night - my first AND last.

LadyC

Established Member
I'm a fan of the Four Seasons Singapore. It has recently been refurbished as is close to Orchard MRT.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prestigehirecars